“Nice place for business”

Courtyard Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I frequent here for business. Rooms nice and spacious.
It has a quick bite cafe but not really a restaurant or a bar. The staff is friendly and know the area well for tips on places to go.
Return for the location and cleanliness.

• Stayed: January 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Hi Friends. I have to say that my trips are mostly business but the Courtyard has been like my second home. Yes--I stay there too much, but the staff makes it worthwhile and from what I can see, they do the same for anyone who is on vacation or just passing through. My favorite part is the staff so a shout out to Rita and Diane who work at the Bistro/Bar and take care of me like I was a son or a big brother. They all are great but these two go out of their way and then there is Tina at the Front Desk who always makes sure I get a room with a view--even if I don't ask. They just simply go the extra mile. And that goes for all at the Courtyard. It is easy access to the Beach, small but decent fitness area and nice pool area as well. It is situated with easy access to great food and a relaxing time--it is a home away from home because of the staff--people making a difference and caring about you. I'll see you next time ladies. Jim D

Room Tip: Get a room with an Ocean View--it's worth it in the morning.
1  Thank Jim D
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I always try to stay at this property when I am on the east central coast. Very clean, with good amenities. The staff is very friendly. The beach is a 100 foot walk behind the hotel. very quiet and secluded spot.

1  Thank Bones57
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Tiela, at the front desk, greeted and welcomed us and answered all our questions. She made our stay special! Our room(s) there were 2 couples, were very nice as one would expect from a Courtyard. Excellent wifi, and snacks/coffee/breakfast were available in the lobby. One of the big factors in choosing this hotel was that we could park here while gone on our 7 day cruise, and used the included shuttle to and from the cruise ship port. Also, it was just a short walk to the always open iconic Ron Jon Surf Shop. We also were just an easy walk from Nolan's Irish Pub for dinner and the IHOP for breakfast which were both excellent, but covered under different reviews. We would certainly consider staying here again. The shuttle to/from was seamless.

Room Tip: It was nice to look down on the firepit/courtyard, but those on the top floors could see which ships...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom M
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Two night pre-cruise stay that was delightful mainly because of the staff. The hotel was clean with recent renovations obvious. The rooms were light and airy with great mattresses. Had some complaints which were addressed quickly and positively by Mike the Front Desk manager and housekeeping. (No tissues for my head cold and the exposed zipper from the pillow cover scratched the wife's arm noticeably while sleeping). The dining area turned out to be a big hit because of staff particularly Rita with her positive anything-is-possible personality like arranging for non-menu chicken strips for our Down Syndrome son and because of the chef who made the most outstanding Prime Rib French Dip Special for us. What a plus for this hotel!!!! All in all it was the staff that will bring my family back.

P. Quinn

Room Tip: Arrive early in the day
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pat Q
Reviewed December 20, 2013

When I travel to the Space Coast for work I always stay in Cocoa Beach, and try to book in at the Courtyard Marriott if I can. Most recently, I stayed here for 4 nights in mid-November 2013. I had not been here for 2 years, and some of the actually staff remembered not only my face, but my name! That blew me away! Joe and Rita were the staff who remembered me, by the way.

I was away at work for nearly 12 hours each day, so I really appreciated the bistro and bar area, and the free wireless offered to Marriott Rewards members. Also there is plenty of parking

The room was fine, and since I left early every day, I grabbed an
oatmeal, banana and orange juice cup from the Quick Start Menu each morning. Easy on the wallet, nutritious, and I really liked it. In the evening, I was usually too pooped to go out for dinner. I had the Albacore sandwich on my first night, after a late airport drive. And a flatbread another night.

The bistro area also has lots of nooks with plenty of places to charge your phone, comcputer, etc. All in a very pleasant and friendly setting. Oh, and they have a Starbucks coffee, and some of the specialty drinks like lattes, you would find at a Starbucks brick and mortar store.

All the staff are more friendly than the average hotel, which is why I return. In fact, after 4 business trips, I'm actually staying here in January 2014 on vacation with friends!

1  Thank astrojane
Reviewed December 16, 2013

This hotel is a nice hotel, it is clean and the staff was great. The only thing with the hotel is there is no easy access to the beach. I am for sure going to go back and use this hotel again, also had a nice lunch at the bistro.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business