“Birthday Romance Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Kissimmee, Florida
“Birthday Romance Stay”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Recently we stayed for one night for a quick get-away from the Orlando area for my husband's birthday. The hotel was really nice and exceptionally clean. The romance package was a treat with the wine/cheese&fruit tray and the $50 dinner certificate. All of the staff were very courteous. We especially were impressed with the food and beverage staff who went out of their way to make sure we made the most out of our $50 certificate. The recommendations were well received. Kim at the Tiki bar was super friendly and efficient considering there were several guests at the pool. I can only say I wished the Tiki bar was open just a bit later on Saturday and possibly a few hours on Sunday. It was a bit disappointing that there was a private party on Sunday which took up all of the tables under shelter since it rained off and on all morning. Otherwise it was a fantastic stay and one I would recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I travel 100 plus days a year for work and this is one of my favorite hotels to stay. As other folks have stated in their review, this hotel is not directly on the beach. There is one condominium between the beach and this hotel - but I dont find that a very big deal. I use that short walk to warm up and stretch before I start my run on a very beautiful Florida beach. I come here because the rooms are appointed like you expect in a Court Yard and the staff are great. The "bar" staff are quick with that StarBuck's coffee and bagel on the way to work and the after hours happy hour (although I usually miss it because I come in after 7PM from work).

The desk staff work hard to move people in and out quickly and cater to your needs: directions, restaurant recommendations, reservation changes or to fix anything that might be wrong with your room. My favorite person on the desk staff (and this was not an easy statement to make due to the competition) is Tina. I normally stay in this hotel 30-50 days a year, and almost always have a last minute change to when I arrive or when I leave. I know when Tina answers the phone, or is at the desk when I walk in; whatever the issue is - it will be gone after that conversation. She is not the only one, but she does stand out. Thank You.

This is a great hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Overall a good solid hotel. Efficient check in, good sized room, bathroom small with the washbasin outside of the bath, shower and toilet room, which I always think is a bit weird. The a/c seemed pretty loud but didn't actually disturb me overnight. No view from the balcony as its not beachfront but only an overnight stay for me so not a problem. Wifi worked well. Everywhere seemed very clean. The best though was the bed - had to be brand new, so comfortable. Central lobby area seemed very well laid out with Starbucks, lots of sofas, eating areas, computers, Tv screens and bar. All in all nothing to complain about.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Port Saint John, Florida
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Recently my husband and I were in Cocoa Beach for a wedding and stayed at Courtyard, Cocoa Beach and had a wonderful time. The hotel was amazing clean, staff was wonderful and especially the manager "Chris", whom definitely went above and beyond to make us feel at home away from our home, she gave us many helpful tips n places to see and thing to do! Thanks to the whole staff for a wonderful experience! We will most definitely be recommending everyone we know that will be visiting that are to stay with your hotel as well as us in (hopefully) the near future!! We also hope to see "Chris" again!
Stephanie S.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

A very short walk to the beach, rooms are very quiet and a great location. I'm so happy my coworker suggested this place. It's a short drive to Orlando so we spent. Our days there. Mornings and late afternoons we were on the beach. Also several great places to eat nearby.

Stayed July 2013
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2013

First, it is not right on the beach. There are private condos between the hotel and the beach, but there is beach access across the parking lot behind the Hampton Inn. Quiet, clean rooms, but a little bit older than I expected. Nice balcony overlooking the fire pit area from our room, which was #215. Same quality and friendliness that you expect when you stay at a Marriott hotel. It was completely sold out, so we were lucky to have made our reservation the week before.

Orlando
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in August, two adults and five teenagers, we booked two rooms.
FYI:
1.the rooms apparently come in many different configurations. Some have jacuzzis, some have sofa beds, microwaves, handicap features, some do not.
2. The hotel is not on the beach, you have to walk behind the hotel next door to get to the beach
3. There are only about 7 lounge chairs by the pool, good luck getting one
4. It costs $34 per day to rent two beach chairs and an umbrella at the beach. Extra umbrellas are $16 a day. This is a major expense that you can tack onto your hotel bill!! Each of our rooms were about $145 a night, but after you add on the cost of multiple chairs and umbrellas, the actual cost is much higher. I highly suggest you either bring your own equiptment or go somewhere that provides free chairs.
5. The parking is very difficult. The hotel has meeting rooms, so people who are not guests take up all the parking, leaving none for the actual guests. It was very inconvenient. We brought it to the managers attention, but she was not much help.
6. The Starbucks is just a sampling of five or six drinks, not a whole Starbucks.
7. The food service is limited, some of the food was ok, some was not too good. There's no one there to actually care whether you are satisfied or not.
8. The rooms were not made up until after 4pm, and not at all on one day.
9. The pool towels were a joke, not much bigger than a hand towel
10. There is a Taco Bell within walking distance
11. We will be going elsewhere next time!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank witwisAlex
opa3425, General Manager at Courtyard Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear witwisAlex,

I apologize that you did not find our hotel to you liking. We make no claims to be beachfront, but, as you point out, we are just a short walk down our landscaped path to it. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy our Starbucks, it is typical of all Marriott Courtyard Starbucks outlets, as is our Bistro Cafe menu. Thank you for staying with us, I apologize we could not meet your needs.

Best Regards,