“Nice hotel not far from beach”

Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Loveland, Ohio
“Nice hotel not far from beach”
Reviewed June 11, 2011

This hotel was really nice. It was undergoing renovation to the front desk area when we stayed (September 4 to 5, 2010) before a cruise. The man at the front desk said that the manager did it and I thought it was quite a good drawing for temporary decor. We bought the cruise and park package which is my only complaint about the stay. When we checked in the man said that they came back several times throughout the morning to transport people to the cruise terminals. I was traveling with my mom and my boyfriend. My boyfriend and I went to the beach in the early morning and my mom stayed at the hotel to get ready for the cruise. When we came back we were unaware that we had very limited time to get ready for the cruise as a rude woman at the front desk said that if you miss the shuttle you miss it. It only comes once! We made it but were frustrated over the woman's attitude (not very friendly) and the misinformation given us to the man the night before (although he was very nice).

However, I would NOT let that affect my decision to stay at this hotel again. It was clean, had a wonderful pool, and was a pretty short walk to the beach. We really enjoy Holiday Inn hotels so this was just a minor problem we had and would not let it affect our stays with them in the future just maybe make us rethink the cruise shuttle option (although much cheaper than parking at the port).

Laura

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Stayed 1 night due to canceled flight with grand parents two teens and wife and I. My wife and her mom are picky concerning hotels... she always insists on seeing a room before signing into the hotel... this one got the thumbs up from both mom and grandma! Nice Suite - quiet even though Spring Break was just getting started. Pool was cold, hot tub was great. Just 1-2 blocks from the Cocoa Beach "Party Pier" where I witnessed a gorgeous sunrise, followed by mediocre breakfast bar (typical HIE, the best item remains the sticky cinnamon buns). Our suite had shower only but no tub which would have been a problem during a longer stay. Great location 1-2 blocks from Beach.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lacerdm
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 22, 2011

This is a good choice for a modern, clean room that is a short walk from the beach. We stayed there when we were looking for a vacation home property to purchase in the area, and found the hotel to be very satisfactory.

An earlier review said that it was not a "reasonable" walk from the beach, but I disagree. It is two short blocks (see the map); although it is necessary to cross A1A, that main road is not a major barrier, and there are traffic signals to assist. It would be a 5-10 minute walk. The nearby beach is one of the more popular locations in Cocoa Beach because of the pier.

There is a Publix supermarket next to the hotel, and many restaurants nearby.

Some of the reviewers below are confusing this property with the former Holiday Inn - Cocoa Beach. That other hotel was a mainstay in Cocoa Beach for many years, and was converted to an International Palms property slightly more than a year ago. It is located about 1.5 miles south of the Holiday Inn Express, right on the beach.

• Stayed May 2010
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2011

We drove to Florida from Ontario and arrived in Cocoa Beach on our way to our destination on December 31st. Many of the hotels were booked or wanted an exhorbitant amount of money for New Year's Eve, and then discounted for the second night. We tried three -- we wanted to stay at the Radisson, but it was booked for the 31st (we needed two nights)...and they said the second night wold be only $79 if we wanted it for one night. Best Western was $119 for each night, no discount after New Year's. Sheraton was booked. Finally, Holiday Inn, which is absolutely gorgeous, accommodated us for $91 for each night, including breakfast which featured hot and cold food. The reception desk had only very friendly people, and the hotel is very quiet...didn't see too many children except for breakfast time. It's two blocks to the beach, a very convenient place to be; a couple of blocks from 5520, close to Port Canaveral (but we didn't take the time to check it out because it was New Year's)...about a 20 minute drive to a Macy's -- other stores not worth mentioning. And we had a very relaxing time. The hotel features a covered pool and whirlpool. Excellent all the way around. Oh, if I have one criticism, the sinks are 'way too large -- couldn't spit into it while brushing teeth...but hey, I didn't have to clean it!!! Happy travelling, folks; this is an excellent pitstop on the way to the south! Half way from the border to the bottom.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed September 9, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night before embarking upon our Western Caribbean cruise. The hotel staff was superb, giving us recommendations for dining and providing us a transfer to our cruise ship. This hotel is a bit dated but still very comfortable and of course, provides the signature Smart Breakfast.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed July 31, 2010

A large part of this horrible experience can be attributed to Hotwire, but neverless the experience at this hotel was sad. First of all, I booked this hotel for what was supposed to be a "reasonable walking distance" to the beach. After blindly booking with no real choice as to the location, we find out that this hotel is about 1/4 mile from the water and you have to cross 5 lanes of traffic to get there. Not awful, but when you have a 1 year and 3 year old to carry across, the reasonable part is erased. My wife was also supposed to arrive several hours before I was, so the stress on carrying out this task is only heightened. I called Hotwire to discuss that I thought they're taking to much liberty in advertising this property as apart of their the close enough beach language. But of course their not even in death help the customer policy they blew me off. Ok, my fault for leaving my plans up to them.

Then I find out that the rate I got was the same rate I could have gotten by just booking directly to this hotel. I call again and Hotwire basically calls me a liar after they act like they call the hotel and say it's a higher rate. Silly me again. So I accept our fortune, change my plans so my wife is not forced to deal with this alone.

Now for the hotel part. We arrive, check in, go up and guess what- the a/c is broken. I call down to see if there is something I'm missing and there's not. Marcus (who turned out to be the GM) says he'll send the guy to repair it with no definitive timeline. After a couple minutes, I decide that we are not going to sit and wait in a 85+ degree room at 90% humidity with small children for an a/c repair that could take hours if not days (if they needed a part). It turns out that they have no where to move us, so I proceed to try to get a refund. Marcus at first seems very sorry and that his number one goal is the customer. Then he finds out that we booked with Hotwire - screeeeeeech. Now his number one worry is the hotel losing a nominal amount to them. He says he can't refund through Hotwire. I tell him that that is a mute point; that it is his facility that is the issue here and we are not going to suffer the expense over these crazy policies. He says that he doesn't even have a phone number to Hotwire (not sure how that is even possible), maybe just a feeble attempt at hoping I say "ok, i'll just lose our $130 and go spend another $130 at another place). I provide him with the number to Hotwire. While waiting for him to try and get Hotwire to cooperate, I'm talking with Seth at the front desk and he says that half hiis day is spent dealing with issues over Hotwire bookings and that he has told them that they need to change the language regarding their location and that he agreed with me that going across 5-lanes of traffic is not really close to the beach and that he wouldn't let his wife do it. Marcus while still on the phone is hesitant that he'll be able to get a refund; I said "you don't even have a room to move us to," how is this even an issue? AND THEN THE SLAP IN THE FACE- He says that he is glad that he doesn't have another room because he doesn't think that there is anything he can do to make me happy. And that he has the notes from Hotwire that I called them. Really??? So common complaints about Hotwire and no a/c and no other room make me impossible to make happy?

Fortunately, he says the money will be refunded to your account. And then with this attitude says "you can leave now". I just simply got my family and left. This process took over an hour and no repairman had made it to the room yet.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank swampermom02
jadehiecb, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, January 21, 2011
The Holiday Inn Express in Cocoa Beach is located within 2 1/2 blocks of the beach. A stop light is located in front of the hotel, so guests can push a button to stop traffic, and cross quickly and safely. It is, on average, a 5-7 minute walk.

The hotel staff strives to make each guests stay a pleasent experience. If a guest has any kind of issue in their room, we immediately take action and move them into a different room comparable to the original. If for any reason the hotel is sold out, and moving is not an option, a staff member is dispatched to come to the hotel and fix the problem as quickly as possible.

Booking through a third party travel site, such as Expedia, limits the hotel's ability to offer any further discounts or refunds. Payment for the nights accomodation is made between the guest and thr Third Party travel site.
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed July 17, 2010

The FORMER Holiday Inn cocoa Beach (was sold around 7th Dec. 2009) is a typical US Holiday Inn Hotel. Its located directly at the beach. During off season not all facilites are availbale (e.g. BEach Bar)
For included breakfast you can chose something from the menu of the restaurant. Typical US breakfast is available.
Very nice is the direct beach access and the pool area.
Perfect for beach trips and for a visit at Kennedy Space Center

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
The hotel specified in this review was the former Holiday Inn Ocean Front Resort which was indeed bought out by the International Palms Resort.

We are the Holiday Inn Express in Cocoa Beach, located 3 1/2 miles North of the hotel originally written in this review.