“GREAT FUN !!!!”
Review of Florida Surf Lessons - CLOSED

Florida Surf Lessons
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I booked a 2 hour lesson for myself, my husband and my 7 year old daughter. None of us had ever tried surfing before. Our instructor, Juan, was ready for us when we arrived at the beach, gave us rash guards (tops) to put on, reviewed the basics on the beach and we then hit the water. OF course, the first of us to manage to stand up on the board and actually surf was my daughter - and she was grinning from ear to ear every time !!!! I was very proud to be able to stand up twice - okay, it was only for a second or two - but it was still totally cool !!!!! Hubby had trouble with getting himself onto the board without going right over, but even if he never got to standing, he was also still happy and had fun. Juan was very good with keeping a close eye on my daughter - he'd swim after her on each of her attempts so she felt secure and it kept us parents very relaxed as I felt she was kept safe. All three of us were TOTALLY happy with the experience and if we had done it earlier in our trip, I would have booked a second - or third session - it really really really was incredibly fun. John, the booking guru, was also wonderful at watching the wave situation and making sure to book us on a day that there were enough waves so we'd have fun. Overall, really a 10/10 experience that I can't say enough good things about !!!! We are totally returning next year to Florida and will definitely take lessons again.

1  Thank ChristyCanuk

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My cousin and I purchased one-on-one surf lessons at Florida Surf Lessons through our Great American Days gift certificate. As first timers, we didn't know what to expect and were very pleasantly surprised. Erica, our instructor, was patient and knowledgeable, helping both of us get up successfully! We were pleased at how quickly we were able to start practicing in the water after a bit of beach tutorials. If you have the option, definitely choose something that is 2+ hours – we had a 2.5 hour lesson and it was the perfect amount of time.

While I can't speak for experienced surfers, this is the perfect activity for first timers like us.

A few notes: The day really dictates what kind of waves you’re going to get; we got small waves and very little current while others have apparently gotten large waves and a huge current. Check the weather before you go so you know what to expect. Also, you may want to wear a long sleeved water shirt and long shorts so the board doesn’t scratch you up. And make sure you lather the sunscreen on the back of your body!

1  Thank Rachel E
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Our family summer vacation in Cocoa beach was excellent due to the fantastic surf lessons we had. We scheduled surf lessons with Wave Masters. The entire experience was easy and extremely professional. The scheduling was quick and John worked with us to fit our schedule throughout our stay. He came to our condo with all the equipment needed to surf which made it very convenient for us. None of us had ever surfed and after the first lesson, all of us got up! My three teenage boys thought it was a blast and would do it again. Our last day we had the extra bonus of surfing with rays, what a special day! John was very professional and enthusiastic about what he does, you can tell he loves the sport of surfing which is very catching. He is also prompt and has many years of experience that made it easy for him to correct our mistakes so all of us were successful.

I highly recommend wave masters if you are thinking of trying to surf.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

It was our first time surfing and all four of us got on within a few tries. Our instructor was great! He made sure we had a great time and put us on as many waves as he could find. We did the 2 1/2 hour course and I would recommend that you don't book it for any less. It went by really fast. Wear long shorts and t-shirt as you will get a rash from the surf board without them. Overall really satisfied and would do it again.

1  Thank mcrocque
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Uve got to b joking. Dont u have to lern how to surf first to give instructions? Give it up and leave it to the people that actually surf. Take your site down its awful. Stick to what you know. Stop being a cardboard cut out.

1  Thank Jeff B