“Great with the Kids”

School Of Surf
Ranked #7 of 34 Tours in Cocoa Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Learn to surf alongside our highly qualified, trained professional instructors. Cocoa Beach provides year round, ideal surf conditions for a memorable first surfing experience. School of Surf offers private and group lessons as well as seasonal week long camps. School of Surf is a deep rooted family business that looks forward to sharing the love of surfing with each and one of you.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
St. Petersburg, Florida
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Great with the Kids”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Prior to hitting the water, Lauren provided great information that was presented in a way my nine and 11-year-old kids could digest. It takes a real professional to explain rip currents, how they form and-most importantly-how to get out of them, in a way that does not frighten kids. All the other reviews are spot on. I could repeat how professional and knowledgable Lauren was, but an important fact I did not see mentioned in recent reviews is a comparison to <<other>> surf instructors you may consider before finally...and correctly...selecting SOS. Things to consider:
Legitimacy: SOS is a brick and mortar operation; far more legitimate than the guy who handed us a business card on the beach with no website, storefront, or accountability.
Experience: Lauren and Todd are the real deal. It is one thing to be in possession of a vast array of titles and professional surfing accomplishments (which they do). It is entirely something else to impart that knowledge to another; this school does it exceedingly well.
Read the reviews: All fives don't lie. I can't even fathom how any person could use SOS's services and give any other rating.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank GoBucsGoRays

Chesterfield, Missouri, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING! Don't use anyone else.”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Todd and Lauren were awesome. They had a bunch of first timers with our group and everyone was able to learn at least a little. The service was second to none. Close to the beach and a great time. If anyone is debating doing this...stop and just do it. Use this company as well and you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank DJKoester
French Lick, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Couldn't have ask for more!!! Excellent Service!! Amazing People!!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

It was my 31st birthday and wanted to do something different, something that I have always wanted to do, Surf!! So I called a few places and finally found SOS!! I got a great vibe from them from the first second I talked to them, unlike other places. When I got there they were full of energy and stoked to get me up and surfing on my birthday!! Todd gave me great instruction and I was up on my first wave!! It was a life changer for sure, totally amazing! Todd and Lauren are great instructors and recommend them to everyone!!! That very day I bought my self a board and kept going. Every day, even though there is no surf, I go out and practice paddling and balance. I can not wait for my next trip to Cocoa Beach for lessons with School of Surf!!!!!

1 Thank NiederbergerRy
Cape Canaveral, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A saving grace and a treasured find for wonderful, enthusiastic and caring instructors who are well organized and supportive.”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

After reserving a surf camp for myself and 6 yr old son somewhere else and was left hanging when they didn't show, School of Surf came to our most excellent rescue. They graciously took us in and got us surfing. This friendly and knowledgable team took my son's tears and turned them into smiles and gave us both a new lifelong love of surfing. Love these guys and would reccomend them highly to everyone!!!!

1 Thank AJBengoa
Westerville, Ohio, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We just returned home from a 3 day stay in Cocoa Beach followed by a Disney Cruise. We had a family lesson scheduled with Lauren, and Todd ended up joining in before his scheduled 1 hour private lesson with my husband. If you asked our daughters (ages 6 & 9) what the highlight of their trip was, they would tell you surfing with Lauren & Todd! As a generally overprotective mom and big chicken (especially in the ocean), the fact that I felt comfortable putting my children in their hands says more than you know. The fact that Lauren was able to get ME upright and surfing is nothing short of a miracle! My husband hasn't stopped talking about what a blast he had surfing with Todd and can't wait to do it again. My advice to anyone planning a family lesson with younger children would be to instead book 2 semi-private lessons and have 2 children with one of the instructors and the adults with another. It may cost a bit more to do it this way, but let me assure this experience and their expertise is worth every penny! We are officially now a family of frustrated surfers living in land-locked Ohio! Can't wait to do it again!

1 Thank Amy D