“Our pre teen surf lessons.”
Review of School Of Surf

School Of Surf
Ranked #8 of 34 Tours in Cocoa Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Learn to surf alongside our highly qualified, trained professional instructors. Cocoa Beach provides year round, ideal surf conditions for a memorable first surfing experience. School of Surf offers private and group lessons as well as seasonal week long camps. School of Surf is a deep rooted family business that looks forward to sharing the love of surfing with each and one of you.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Melbourne, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Our pre teen surf lessons.”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My three grandboys (8-11) took their lessons recently with Lauren. They just loved the experience and the teachings of the instructor who actually had them in the water and surfing within minutes. All three actually agreed (first time for everything) that this was the experience of a lifetime! They are still talking about it and want Pop Pop to ask Santa for more lessons-I'm sure that will be arranged. Thanks for all Lauren and School Of Surph.

TheReillys

3 Thank John R

Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great teachers, nice people”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I've never surfed before, but Todd had me riding waves 10 minutes after I got my feet wet! He kept the instruction simple and made it easy for me to understand what I needed to know to stand up and ride and correct mistakes.

Since Todd and Lauren are former professional surfers, I was worried that they wouldn't have the patience or right attitude to teach a beginner, but they couldn't have been more helpful or humble. For $50 you get a board, a wet suit, classroom instruction and a private lesson. Think about what that would cost at a ski or golf resort and tip generously (why they would have wet suits at ski or golf resorts is another question).

I can't wait to go back again and learn how to paddle out in (slightly!) bigger surf.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank FatJack44
Inverness, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great for kids,too!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was our second time using School of Surf, but my first review. The first time was for my 9 year old daughter and 11 year old nephew after their trip to Hawaii. They really loved the North Shore and their one surf lesson in Hawaii, but I was a little skeptical about surfing in Florida, so I had them both take one lesson with Todd and Lauren to see how they liked it.
Of course they had a wonderful time, and the waves were big enough for them to ride. They liked their original lessons last year so much that we went back a year later for three days of surfing for the kids. My nephew was better and started learning to turn into the waves. My daughter was much more of a novice, but she got increasingly better after each day. I thought three days would satiate their hunger for surfing, but the two keep asking when they can go to School of Surf again.
Lauren and Todd are both very patient (my nephew speaks very little English) and truly love what they do, which translates into a wonderful experience and great learning environment. I highly recommend School of Surf for anyone who ever wanted to conquer the waves.

3 Thank Shawn W
Helsinki, Finland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pura vida! Puro surf!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Just perfect place to learn how to surf!
Highly recommend!
I was three times in a water with Todd and everytime was just a big fun :)

1 Thank hkanto
Lima, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Professional Instruction”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I highly recommend Todd and Lauren at School of Surf for lessons. My daughter (age 18) and I (age 55) took lessons from Todd on consecutive days while we were on vacation. By the second day, my daughter was paddling into her own waves. I, on the other hand, was more of a challenge. Todd left my daughter feeling so stoked on surfing, she asked for a wet suit and surfboard for Christmas. Mind you, we are from Ohio! However, I also caught my share of waves. Our lesson was for only one hour--and that was long enough! We caught plenty of waves in an hour. Todd gave me tips on how to prepare for my next visit and had plenty of great instructions for us on how to surf, to how to get out of rip tides, interpreting the lifeguard signals, and so on. He is a natural teacher as is his wife, who had another client catching waves just down the beach from us. These are nice people who really know their stuff and share it with you. It's such a wonderful opportunity. I highly recommend School of Surf.

1 Thank JohnLima_Ohio