“Great kid friendly beach”
Review of Lori Wilson Park

Lori Wilson Park
Ranked #2 of 44 things to do in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Showers are right there, good parking and restrooms. There's a playground right there in case the beach isn't enough to tire the kids out, we used is several days in a row!

2  Thank Cher H

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Went there this past weekend with the hubby. It was crowded and we almost didn't get a spot, but with a little patience we got in. I always look for a place that has outdoor showers and a bathroom and this place has both. There was also the added bonus of several food trucks in the lot, but we did not partake since we brought a cooler. The beach was heavily patrolled by life guards which was great to see since there was a wicked rip current the day we went. I really have never seen life guards walking up and down the waters edge to make sure people are ok. It was very crowded with a lot of surfers and lots of people kept crashing into each other (including me) which could be why they were on such high alert. I felt really safe. This place is really a park too, not just beach access, and they have an awesome raised boardwalk trail that goes through the hammock. It was a great way to dry off in the shade after we showered off from the beach. The only problem was that we were attacked by mosquitoes with just our suits on. I don't think I've ever been bit on the stomach before, but it sucked when I put regular clothes back on. Other than that the trail is nice. Just beware if you have arachnophobia. There are HUGE golden orb spiders hanging out on their webs all along the trail just above your head. They stay there, but OMG, they got bigger and bigger the further we went. It was scary but very pretty. Although, I have to say, the scariest part of this park is the bathrooms. The main reason I did not rate it higher. The conditions were deplorable, some of the worst I've seen at a beach bathroom, and I really don't have high expectations for them. None of the toilets actually worked and the stalls were pretty small for trying to get changed. Do yourself a favor and just pee in the ocean and change somewhere else. Don't even go in there to wash your hands. It's just gross!

2  Thank DillyBazinga
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This beach was great. The food from the vendor there left something to be desired but just bring sandwiches.

2  Thank TemperNE
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Nothing really special...spent an hour there in the AM prior to hitting the waves. There is a walkway through the woods which provided coolness on a very hot day.

1  Thank Marge M
Reviewed August 10, 2013

wish I had more time to spend at this park, the trails we great and the beach was nice. I hope to come back a visit as much as possible. After all..I was prosed to at this park Aug 9th 2013

1  Thank Mscarla2