“pros and cons both”

Sunset Waterfront Grill & Bar
Ranked #65 of 169 Restaurants in Cocoa Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
abower83
“pros and cons both”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

first of all, I think you need to know we are a family of four adults (me+ husband, in-laws, and toddler). we came here because it was on a list of recommended restaurants in our hotel. I didn't tripadvisor it like I usually do beforehand. that said, here are the pros:

1-restaurant faces Banana River, so presumably good view of sunset. we missed that so I can't confirm.
2-service. our waiter was a young man, which usually spells flippant in my experience so far. Ours was kind, understanding and thoughtful about making our meal fun, good, our kid happy and keeping up with our needs throughout the meal. Kudos, to you a big fat tip.
3-timeliness. everything was ready quickly, the meal went by very fast. good news for toddler family.
4-yummy drinks, good beer. my pina colada was delish.
5-cool high chair on wheels. you only get this if you're a parent, but their high chairs were clean (thanks) and on wheels, which my so thought was fabulous. spinning made for easy appeasement.
6-karoake. no end to the entertainment value of watching others be bold and sing in public. luckily our table was as far from the stage as possible. enjoying it from afar is best.
7-75% of my adult party liked their food. said it was great, they'd come back. apparently the Grouper, the sirloin steak and mahi mahi is good. try that.

Cons
1-25% of our party did NOT get a great meal. I am that one. my NY strip steak was he fattiest, grisliest cut I've ever had. I threw most of it out. I expect NY to have a fat strip on one side I cut off. The rest of the meat should be marbled, but not so much so that you have to carve the chunks out to eat it. I know this--steak is my staple. Ah well, I was happy that everyone else was happy. Therefore, it was a good dinner. I would not come back again though. My guess is that there are better places than this one. Though perhaps not such kind attentive service.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank mahologirl

Florida
“Great food and service”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

we had a cast party at Sunset Waterfront Grill. The servers were attentive and the food was delicious.

Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
“Another nice place to go in late late afternoon”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Here is another little gem that I like to go after a day at the beach and if I do not go to the Pier, I will stop in at Sunset's in the late afternoon, not saying the rest of the day is not good because I have been there in the evening and it is just as nice but late afternoon is my time...

This place as a great bar that can sit more than a dozen people and seating in the bar itself is not crowded what so ever, there is elbow room... The decor is plain but comfortable it feels like The Sunshine State plain and simple... If you sit at the outdoor deck or close to the water you will enjoy the view and if you are lucky as I mentionned in my Rusty's review you will see dolphin's not as many as Rusty's but when you see a boat go by, look at the rear of the boat they will be most likely a dolphin or two...

Cannot comment on the food as has many time I have been there in the last 7 years I have never had a bite to eat, it nice little place in late late afternoon for a few drinks...

I would recommend Sunset Waterfront Grill & Bar for a nice relaxing group get together as well as a couples enjoyable place to go...

And once again you will never know who you will meet like the guy from Gatineau, Quebec Canada... Enjoy...

• Visited January 2013
Nanticoke, Pennsylvania
“Perfect dinner!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I don't know why this place has such poor reviews?! We were going to eat at the place nextdoor, but there were about 50 people waiting to get in at 7pm. We took the buzzer anyway and went to Sunset to see what the menu looked like. We saw dinners being served, and they looked delicious, so we stayed. We sat on the "docks" - ate by lamplight right at the water's edge. Music in the open air restaurant was a little loud, so it was just right once we were outside. Husband had grilled shrimp, baked pot and cole slaw for $18 and I had seafood combo - 3 large shrimp, 3 scallops, and a nice size portion of grouper - all blackened at my request. came with baked pot, too for $20. We ordered salads for an additional $2 per, and they were good - real mixed greens, not iceberg lettuce. Also had conch fritters (too gooey at first, but deliciouis after they cooled) and a "sunset grabber" to drink - I think straight rum with a splash of pineapple juice - very strong! total bill was $64 - not too bad. portions weren't huge, but we are big eaters and we were both full when we left. food was tender and seasoned very well. Atmosphere was also very nice. Interestingly enough, the parking lot is full of BMWs, Jags, Mercedes, and antique cars. I think the old people like it here, and we have found that they usually know where the good food is!

1 Thank mcl9699
Chichester, New Hampshire
“Lured in by the outdoor deck and wonderful view”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Must agree that the food was completely ordinary - not terrible, but not memorable. For drinks or snacks, the location is pretty pleasant! Meals, go next door.

• Visited January 2013