Ice Cream Junction & Oriental Food Mart
Ranked #5 of 10 Dessert in Cocoa Beach
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Ice cream that appeals to me, Asian food and gifts for my son, and a Filipino restaraunt to whet my husbands appetite. I love this little store!! Very sweet lady working the counter, quiet atmosphere. We will definitely be back.

There are newer reviews for Ice Cream Junction & Oriental Food Mart

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I truly hate to say this but the smell when we walked in was so horrible I couldn't believe people were walking out of there. It looked a little strange inside just not like icecream store's at the beach usually are.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stopped in for some ice cream only to discover the place was also an Asian grocery store and a sit down Filipino café. Serving a wide variety of authentic food from the Philippines and 18 flavors of ice cream. In the grocery area you can stock up on your pancit, lumpia and pork blood stew as you lick your ice cream cone. BUT this is not the strangest part: They have karaoke for you to have fun with or watch as one of the owners belt out "YMCA".

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure where to start here. But this is the most unusual place I think I have ever been to eat dinner. The words eclectic and surreal come to mind. It is advertised as an ice cream store, which is why we went. There are lots of flavors and it is fairly priced.

But while there we discovered it was also an Asian grocery store (more like an Asian convenience store) that, oh by the way, serves freshly prepared and authentic Filipino food. This is what REALLY sets this place apart. And not just from other ice cream parlors, but from other places to dine.

As long time connoisseurs of traditional Filipino food, we were curious to try it out. I admit, it was hard to overcome the fact that the place is an ice cream parlor first, an Asian grocery market second, and a (for lack of a better word) restaurant, thirdly.

The word restaurant is a bit too generous here. There are tables and chairs set aside in a kind of "I guess the tables will fit here" kind of way. I suspect the tables are there for the ice cream patrons mainly but they double for the restaurant part as well. This is less like a restaurant and more like a place to eat Filipino food. REALLY REALLY GOOD Filipino food!!!! Hard for me to admit this, but the food well exceeded our expectations. And I assure you, we have high expectations when it comes to Filipino food.

We actually tried several items and all were fantastic. Lumpia, Adobo, Sinigang, Tenola. All are excellent and tasty!! Some of the best Filipino food I have ever had.

The owners are very friendly and nice. But friendly and nice is not the same as good service. Expect there to be a certain amount of self service that you will need to take care of yourself here. For example, the owners got busy serving ice cream and we had to stand up and get our own drinks from the drink cooler. Not a big deal but still not something that would ever happen at a "restaurant". In all fairness, the owners don't advertise this as a restaurant so the whole thing is kind of bizarre.

I mean here we are sitting in what is some kind of karaoke convenience store that serves ice cream sundaes while eating absolutely fantastic shrimp Sinigang!!! Just weird but wonderful all the same. Anthony Bourdain would love this place.

I only mention this so you, the reader of this review, have your expectations set accordingly. This is a place that prepares really good Filipino food with very nice owners. There is no ambiance, decor, drink refills, or full service dining. If you want these things, I promise you will be very very disappointed. If you just want excellent and authentic Filipino food in an authentic Filipino setting at a very very reasonable price, then this is your place. The meals are like $6. All of them. If they dressed this up and opened a restaurant with all the bells and whistles, they could easily charge three times that. But that is not what they are doing here.

If you just come here for ice cream you are SOOOOOOOO missing out!!!

We are looking forward to shopping at the Oriental Food Mart on our next trip back. Which will hopefully be very soon.

And oh, by the way the ice cream is good too.

3  Thank Jason H
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Looking for some ice cream while drving around Cocoa Beach, we spotted ice cream junction. The owners are wonderful. We were indecisive and they gladly offered us to try any flavors. Upon preparing our selections, they continued their warm hospitality. The owners are definitely enjoying living at the beach! Such a relaxing environment! The ice cream was good. It's not homemade, but those shops are hard to come by. We enjoyed it!