“Friendly, comfortable, good position” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn at Cocoa Beach

Inn at Cocoa Beach
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Yorkshire
“Friendly, comfortable, good position”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

We stayed in February - our 2nd visit to this hotel.
We booked a sea view room which was spacious and comfortable.
Complementary breakfast is very good. No restaurant but plenty within easy walking distance (hardly anyone walks though - but at least you can have a bottle of wine if not driving).
We find it a great place to stay for a few days after flying in to Orlando before moving off elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
orlando
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2009

The air conditioner was leaking major water and the carpet in their room right in front of the door was soaking wet. They did nothing to fix it & did not adequately compensate us for this stay. The manager was a bit rude while flirting with the younger lady behind the counter (very unprofessional)This isnt the cleanest hotel either it smelt like mold,and the carpet was stained for the price of this we could of stayed at days inn for 1week an they even have nicer rooms....

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2009

Amongst my friends I am known as a guy who is "BLUNTLY HONEST" Typically people are pretty careful about asking my opinion because they get no sugar coating. Please take that in mind when you read this. Also, I have never bothered to take the time to write a review in my life. My wife and I joined another couple on an overnight trip to watch the space shuttle lift off and needed a place to stay. My friend chose the Inn at Cocoa Beach. I would have never selected this place because I detest Bed & Breakfast places. I have suffered some major disappointments at them because I am used to Ritz-Carlton type accommodations. I travel nationally and internationally for business on a very regular basis. I could not have been more surprised nor pleased. While I have had more luxurious stays I have never, ever, ever had one so charming. Every detail in the hotel seemed to be have the guests comfort in mind. An honor bar that was well stocked offered a terrific selection of wines, beers and liquor at extremely fair pricing. The rooms overlooked the Atlantic Ocean, were large, warmly decorated, clean and neat. The linens were luxurious and the beds very comfortable. There was a beautiful 3rd story deck overlooking the Atlantic Ocean that afforded us a beautiful place to have a bottle of wine and relax after a long day. We followed that by a walk on the beach and some socializing with the other guests in the "living room" of the Inn. Most hotels have lobbies. This was more living room than lobby with a very diverse group of guests all enjoying the place to the utmost. We finished the night by having a pizza delivered and sharing what we couldn't eat with our new friends. Breakfast was fresh fruit, muffins and blueberry bread baked on premise, soft boiled eggs, juice and coffee in a charming room or we could have chosen to sit outdoors and enjoy the morning ocean breeze. The ocean was not visible from the great room where we ate or the outdoor seating. I have literally spent hundreds of nights, maybe in the thousands in hotels. No stay tops the one I experienced at The Inn at Cocoa Beach. Maybe the stars were just aligned right or whatever, but I loved this place. The final piece of the puzzle though that makes The Inn at Cocoa Beach what it is would be the staff. Judy, thank you for making us feel like family visiting a warm home. Nichole, Larry...everyone was incredibly nice. You guys know how to pamper your guests and make them feel like they are treasured. This place is the epitome of the words "Hidden Gem." Like General Douglas MacArthur, "I will return."

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmasiaIntl
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2009

We stayed in room 44 for our honeymoon and it was a Jacuzzi suite in the south wing. Too make it simple, I'll break it down into the things I liked and the things I didn't.

Pros:
- The jacuzzi tub is so large that my wife and I (both about 6') can sit side by side in it.
-The bed is amazingly soft and the sheets are comfortable and pretty. Both my wife and I slept soundly through every night.
-The staff is very friendly and eager to help you with any questions. Our first night there, Audie? pointed us to his favorite restaraunt in town and showed us around the hotel.
-It was neat having animals around the hotel (2 dogs and Macaws). They're well behaved and love people.
The Inn is right next to the beach with easy access and also next to the Ron Jon Surf shop. Plus, it's at the intersection of A1A and 520 which allows for easy access around town.

Cons
- No refrigerator in the room.
- No shampoo or conditioner available in the room (Many of the normal ammenities that you find in hotel rooms are not present)
- The air conditioner duct blows cold air directly on the bed. It's ok when you're wrapped up in the covers, but there aren't too many good places to sit in the room so if you lounge on the bed it gets a little chilly.
- The A/C unit is on the balcony. The balcony is really small to begin with (no much larger than a walk-in closet), but add the noise of the A/C unit and the space that it takes up theres not much you can do out there.
- In order to fit the large jacuzzi tub in they cut a wall out of the bathroom and installed mirrors all around the tub. So with the door open or closed you have a clear view of anyone using the restroom.
- It was an odd occurance, but as a side note we came back one day to find a "Do Not Disturb" sign hung on our door when we were expecting maid service to clean our room. So whether it was lazy maid service or an unruly guest we don't know.

Those are the main points. The grounds were well kept, for the most part, minus the stair well in the south wing. It was constantly dirty due to people coming in from the beach, but never seemed to be clean. We enjoyed our stayed, but felt overcharge ($290 for the weekend nights, then $265 for sunday night, and $220 for monday night staying in the honeymoon suite) for the disadvantages we had to put up with. If you enjoy antique furniture and quirky hotels then this is the place. I would probably stay here again, but in the cheapest room they had since the service and location were its high points. I would tell someone to search around a bit before they commit here, but the Inn has some great fans that return year after year.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Waterloo, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2009

We stayed at this hotel based on the website pictures. The website was nothing like the rooms we received. My husband and I shared a connecting room for our two daughters aged 16 and 21. The air conditioner was leaking major water and the carpet in their room right in front of the door was soaking wet. They did nothing to fix it & did not adequately compensate us for this stay. We called around for other places to stay & would have eaten the cost of this place just for a decent place to stay but could not secure another hotel room on short notice. Parking was a problem. This was our first vacation in five years, and we will definitely not stay here again nor recommend it to any one else. I grew up on a farm & we were a family of 13, and while there is absolutely nothing wrong with "old", there is definitely something wrong with "dirty". Black mold/dirt on the return vents, filthy carpet, toothpaste splattered on the wall... you get the picture. Beware!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank watanexception
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2009

We stayed 2 nights at the Inn at Cocoa Beach. Room was quite roomy and just remodeled. Air conditioning was noisy at night, but it was very warm that weekend and at least it was cold. Inn is close to Ron Jon's and other conveniences. Price was high but the shuttle launch had the town full. Nice breakfast - fresh baked goods and you could soft boil eggs. Wine and cheese reception in evening. Pool was clean and positioned for the sun. Beach was nice, short walk to pier for beer and $10 lobsters on Friday night. Desk staff was super friendly and staffed 24 hours. Coffee available 24 hours. Enjoyed our stay and will most likely book this facility next time in Cocoa.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank snsliz
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2009

The Inn at Cocoa Beach is the biggest disappointment in a hotel I have experienced. If the attitude here doesn't knock you "off your feet" the smell of the rooms will, This place goes out of its way to be rude and curt. Where do these people come from? When we tried to sample the afternoon wine and cheese reception we were given a measured portion. There was a continental breakfast each morning of toast and hardboiled eggs but we were wrong to seek it out (like "excuse me for asking!"). My advise is not to waste your money and time just to experience this. The excellent reviews listed here must have come from the hotel!!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple