“Best Clams in 20+ years”
Review of The Cape Codder - CLOSED

The Cape Codder
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2012

A MUST stop in Cocoa Beach
A relocated yankee. I always enjoy locating whole belly clams. These clams cooked to perfection. Most clams are overcooked with tough necks. These clams melted in our mouths and were perfect. Best in 20 years. My wife's seafood plate was fresh with generous portions.
It is a rare dining experience when most foods are memorable. Only comment was the french fries were a bit salty. An unexpected surprise was a side of pasta with an excellent manara sauce.
Small place not much to look at but THE FOOD. . .

Reviewed January 20, 2012

I spent every summer of my life on Cape Cod and this is NOT a New England seafood restaurant. The wait is ridiculous and the chowder tastes more like wallpaper paste than anything. The prices are way too high and the food is not al that good. If you have never had REAL New England seafood, it may do, but not for me.

4  Thank Eric W
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Always a 'must' stop when we're on the Space Coast. The long neck steamers are a 'gotta have', and we always seem to grab some buffalo shrimp to munch on as a late night snack. Everything from the more traditional sit down cod dinner to a great crab or lobster roll will have you coming back to try everything on the menu.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

My wife loves fish or any kind (especially cod) - her fish was a small portion that was gritty like nothing she had ever tasted. I ordered the hot lobster roll which was meager, greasy, a decent flavor but a thimble full of meat. Even the fries seemed like they had been sitting for a while or reheated a few times. Ambiance was non-existent and even faded Boston sports memorabilia on the walls could not save this disaster. I would avoid at any costs.

6  Thank Chris P
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I read the good reviews here, and we agree The Cape Codder is a wonderful place with very tasty seafood from up North. The steamer clams were a treat and the fried whole belly clams were delicious. We also tried the Ipswich Ale which we loved, and @ 3.50 a bottle, it was a good deal. The chowder was loved by my family, but personally, I prefer a thinner version. If we had more time in Cocoa Beach, we would have returned to try the Cod and Haddock on the menu. The server was great and the restaurant was nicely decorated and shiny clean. Loved it!