“Family food in florida”

Cuisines: American
Northern California
“Family food in florida”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Great mom and pop. People and staff very friendly. Food fantastic. Waitress sent us on the road with "to-go" drinks. Best food I have had for a week. Recommend to travelers. And past this g on to local friends.

Cocoa, Florida
“Newest Country Cookin' Diner in Rockledge - Comfort Food to make you Smile.”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We fell in love with this friendly little comfort food diner years ago at their Cocoa location and then the Port St. John location. Now I have visited the newest location in Rockledge several times and feel qualified to write a review.
If you like good old fashioned “home style cooking” then you will really like this place. The breakfasts are complete with hearty oversized classics like omelets, biscuits and gravy, huge steaks and ham steaks, as well as the Country Fried Steak. There is even a breakfast sampler if you are feeling really hungry and features all the meats as well. The sausage is especially good and the Country Fried Steak is just TDF (to die for). There is a ton of choices for breakfast including Pancakes, French toast, Breakfast Sammies, and that is just the beginning.
The lunch specials are great and the lunch time always feature some soups that really stand out as well. They have a Chili-Mac soup that is so good I could eat it till I was sick. It’s that good. If you like burgers then you will love the Monster Burger. You’ll need a lot of napkins for this rascal. You know it ain’t good till you’re wearing it. Even the French fries are not the usual limp fare. These fries are the nice crispy coated and crunchy kind that will have you nibbling on them way past the time you shoulda stopped.
For lunch the other day I had the homemade Chicken and Dumplings with Mashed Taders and Gravy, Fried Okra, and Cornbread. Wow. With a choice of white or dark meat you will not be disappointed. There was more dumpling in this large platter than I could eat and the 1/3 chicken was FOB (Fall Off the Bone) tender too.
I’m still going to have to try the fried chicken sometime. You can’t say comfort food without talking about fried chicken and that is a dish that is a really good test of a restaurant’s capabilities.
If there is one criticism that I could find (and I think it’s the only one) is that there are no Hash Browns available for breakfast. They have Grits and they have Home Fries but no shredded hashed brown potatoes (which seems kind of unusual with everything else they have). Now, I love’s me some grits but a close second would have to be the hash browns to put over-easy eggs on.
Either way, I know it’s a small peeve but, it’s my job to dig down to the peeve level and tell it straight.
Besides that, I highly recommend any of these 3 locations. The staff is friendly and fast, the setting is relaxed and casual, the prices are way reasonable, the food rocks, and if you leave hungry then you must not have ordered anything.
Enjoy.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Chef_Monsterah
Cocoa, Florida, United States
“BREAKFAST, LIKE MOM USED TO MAKE!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is a place that many local people go every morning, for that first hot cup of coffee that never ends and a great breakfast. I went yesterday, and I just may go again today. You can get a plate of eggs, cooked any way you want them, some home fries, bacon, biscuits and gravy, the largest plate of french toast, I have seen in a long time, or pancakes , sausage .....have I left any thing out? It's Breakfast folks, not rocket science. This is just good, home made American vittles. YUM YUM!

• Visited July 2012
Cocoa, Florida
“Good food, decent prices- nice little diner”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We ate breakfast here after it was recommended to us. I got a country scramble- eggs, onions, green peppers, bacon, and cheddar cheese on top. It was very good and my plate was full of that and potaotes. The potatoes were perfect- I can't seem to find many breakfast places that I like the potatoes, so I usually get grits, but I was glad that I tried them here. My husband got corned beef hash and liked it- didn't love it but liked it. It does appear very clean, however my seat ( in a booth ) had a huge hole in the middle of it! Huge and gross. Not impressed with that- at least cover it up, or tape it over! I was not in the bathroom- which I think is a real indication of their cleanliness. We will be back.

• Visited July 2012
“The new one in rockledge”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I was dying to visit the new diner on barnes in rockledge but was sadly dissapointed. My bf had country fried steak .. The waitress forgot the salad and it came w brown gravy instead of white. It was gross & very salty the sides had no flavor .. I ordered breakfast ... The waitress forgot my french toast .. I asked for well done corn beef hash
And it was undercooked..no flavor .. Overall very cheap u get a lot for your money the food just isnt good, & the waitresses r kinda dumb..( ima waitress) it wasnt even busy n she forgot to bring us a salad and french toast ... Any price is good food gross service slow