“Breakfast at Ossorio”

Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Cocoa
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Great fresh roasted coffee and brick oven pastry to die for! This is a must go to place! I was told the pizza is great too!
I am old enough to know what good is. Reminds me of a place I used to go to in New Hope, PA!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

The food was superb. Period. However, this is one of those walkup-to-order-and-then-go-find-a-table-to-wait places. We were there just after the lunch peak, so for a little while we were worried that we wouldn't have a table at all. That worked out, thankfully, so we were able to enjoy the meal. I'm a pizza lover, and this is a brick oven place, so I had to order the lunch special pizza: chicken and bacon with ranch dressing, along with fresh tomatoes and light cheese. Yeah, I know it's nowhere near traditional, but I like all three of the main ingredients separately, so why not? It was a good choice, and it really was a wonderful combination. The pizza was large plate size, and the crust was crisp, chewy and thin. Mi esposa had a roasted veggie sandwich on flatbread, which turned out to be the same as my pizza crust folded double and cooked in the same wood fired oven. Again it was a perfect combination. Sad to say this was to be our only day in Cocoa Village, or we'd have been back for a second time. They also have fresh baked breads and a "Croissant of the Day" which we didn't try. I ended with a cup of their homemade ice cream, which was disappointing. I had rum-raisin, which was very light on the rum. All I could taste after the first bite was the included raisins. The ice cream was more ice than cream. I still was glad I hadn't missed the pizza, though.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We like to stop at this unique restaurant for gelato. It is very good and you may enjoy it inside or at sidewalk tables. Often, people bring their dogs and enjoy their lunch at one of the outside tables. It adds a special flavor to the small village ambiance. You may select a variety of sandwiches and luncheon dishes that locals find very good. Cocoa Village is a quaint place that transcends the cocoa beach carnival atmosphere. Hint: take the river road to or from Cocoa Village as it has a 25 mph speed limit and allows you to enjoy the shoreline.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Ordered the Cha-Cha chicken and tea of the day (black currant)... it was sooo delicious! There was no way to eat the entire dish!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We love Ossorios and have frequented the place since its inception. The food is excellent...my favorite is the flatbread pizzas which are all equally delicious. The ambience serves up a cheerful retreat and a cool oasis from the hot days in Florida. Don't miss it if you are strolling around Cocoa Village.