“My stay at american best”

Americas Best Value Inn - Cocoa / Port Canaveral
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Cocoa
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I can tell you it was an experience. Driving up to the hotel there is a man out front by road laying on the ground with his grocery cart full of lines and what have you (God bless him). Went into the lobby to check in got key to room. Went to room and OMG the smell in the room was so intense i had to go to the supermaket to buy candles. Then comforter on bed had holes in it and was burned. As it started to get dark outside i could see people in the parking lot exchanging items, (gee wonder what they were doing?). Pool was not availble for use as i called ahead of time and they said yea we have a pool but somehow forgot to say it is not for use at this time. strolled around town a bit. Back to the room was very noisy all night long, 2 3 4 in the morning people hanging out by pool having a party. And the i checked my reciept and the girl did not take off my AAA discount. All in all it was a bad decison for me to stay there and would not recomment this for my dog..

Room Tip: dont stay by the pool or walk around alone. not a safe area for kids
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
GMFL354, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Cocoa / Port Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for giving us a chance to improve and excel in the delivery of our services by bringing your concerns to our attention. We sincerely appreciate the time you took to write us a feedback, we are however sincerely sorry for falling short in meeting your expectations. We understand that your concerns regarding the unpleasant smell, the cleanliness as well as the unavailability of our pool in total have made your stay disappointing and inconvenient. We wish to let you know that we will continually seek to correct our deficiencies so that we may serve you better. We sincerely hope that we may be able to provide you a far better experience should you wish to stay with us again next time.

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

OMG!!!!!! Where do I start..... My husband and I were super tired from driving, so we decided to stay at this location. When I walked in the guy in the front desk he just looked at me and said nothing, after an awkward moment I told him I needed a room. When we walked in the room the smell hit me like a ton of bricks!!!! It smelled so bad. the carpet was dirty. When I took my shoes off my socks were getting suck to the carpet. Later that night I saw something move across my pillow, I jumped so fast and just stared at the pillow and was disbelief to see a [--] of bugs running around. Awwwwwwwwwwww!!!! My husband woke up as I yelled BED BUGS.....I swear when he pulled the sheets off of him they were on him. OMG I put my clothes on so fast and ran to the front desk and he stayed to pack up our stuff to get the hell out of there. While in the office I explain to the man (white man) that we had bed bugs and he replied "how do you know they're bed bugs", I pulled out cell and showed him the pictures I took. He than show the picture to some old man and that man said "Yep their bed bugs". He told me that they would go in there and "bomb" it. Thank god the man did not hesitate to give me a refund and I didn't get a sorry!!!!

My suggestion to the manager is get a carpet cleaner and clean the carpets put at least one air freshener inside the rooms and bring a dog to sniff out the bedbugs because a bomber is not going to take care of that.

My husband and I had Bed Bug bites all over our body for many weeks. My husband and I are now traumatized!!!!!! Worst experience EVER!!!!!! By the way I'm not sure of the room number but I think it was room 105 on the 1st floor looking at the parking lot and highway also it was like 4 rooms to the left before getting to the pool. I want to say room 105 but I'm not sure.

Before we left we threw our stuff in their dumpster because we were afraid of bringing bedbugs home.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Marithza
GMFL354, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Cocoa / Port Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a feedback regarding your experience. We deeply regret that you had to go through an incident that made your stay less than satisfactory. Your comments and suggestions have been noted and we have informed the management to ensure that we take the necessary measures to avoid similar situations from occurring.
Please accept our apology and be rest assured that the information you gave us will be used to make an improvement on our services so we can provide a better one for our valued customers like you.
We hope you will give us a chance to show you that we are taking your feedback and using it to evaluate our processes and to make our clients see that they can stay with us and have a pleasurable experience.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I called around b4 deciding on this hotel and chose it because of the low price and location. just 9 minutes from cocoa beach pier...Breakfast was continually.changing daily which gave us more options and with picky children there was something for everyone. staff was friendly and helpful. pool was clean and entertaining for myself and the kids. i will stay longer and more often!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank mommaMissouri

We are driven by the motivation of giving our guests the best service there is to offer, and it gives us great joy to know that we have done an excellent job in attending to your needs. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and sharing to us your positive experience regarding the appreciation you have for our breakfast selection, and the enjoyment you had with your kids while relaxing in the pool. We couldn’t wait to be of service to you again very soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

fleas, flying ants, dirty pool, weird smell, I'm pretty sure we didn't get a king bed like we asked, it definitely wasn't as big as our king at home. someone came in the room to clean during the day which was surprising.. but they left all the pillows off the bed without pillowcases on them.

it was just dirty. and we had fleas in our room!!!!!!

I expected more out of priceline to send us there. I might go back again....only if they paid me this time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank irishblue82

Thank you for taking the time to inform us on how our services have been during your recent stay with us. We understand that you were met with disappointing circumstances during your stay, and for that we are deeply sorry. It is indeed regrettable to know that we have not met your needs with regards to staff services, as well as the hotel cleanliness and sanitation in total. In lieu of this, such matter will be assessed and evaluated thoroughly to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences and prevent its occurrence again. Rest assured that your voice has been clearly heard and we will work hard to address the concerns you have mentioned. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to further improve in the delivery of our services. I do hope that you will give us a chance to make it right. We sincerely look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed here and enjoyed every second of our stay. It is a great price for what you get and we plan on staying here again when we are in the area. We checked in late with two kids and the staff was quick and extremely fast and kind. Just a short drive across the bridge and your on the beach.

Keep up the great job and see you soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CEC_Jason
GMFL354, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Cocoa / Port Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Your wonderful feedback regarding your very positive experience is indeed very heart-warming. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and appreciating the dedication and hard work we put into making our hotel a comfortable and pleasant place to stay in. We will continually seek to provide you with the best staff services as well as an upscale accommodation and clean environment at all times should you wish to visit us again. We couldn’t wait to be of service to you again.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Booked through tripadvisor and got a decent rate prior to coming to the area for our up coming cruise. When we arrived, it was a very quick check in since I was prepaid and the only problem we have is that they mixed the rooms up; was supposed to have a king non smoking a double smoking, but the very nice lady at the check in just did her best to get our rooms side by side, and that worked out very well.

As for the rooms, they are not great. The bathrooms are dated, but clean. All the furniture needs to be taken out and redone, and apparently, they forgot to vacuum our room under the desk because it had some kind of pet hair all over it. No really bad odor in the room, just the typical stale these rooms are old kind of smell.

The light over the bathroom sink will send you into a seizure with it flashing and carrying on, and the floor lamp beside the chair at the door needs to be repaired as the part you screw the bulb into is loose and if you reach in to turn the lamp on manually, you will get shocked.

Very nice people at the check in desk with prompt attention and greeted us immediately. Had to call and order some additional towels and pillows, and there was no problem having them brought to our room.

If you just looking for a clean place to lay your head for one night, there is nothing wrong with staying here. I don't know that I would recommend it for anything any longer, because it looks kind of like they have some semi permanent residents with all kinds of pets living here. The location is really good if you are going to cruise, and a decent parking garage is just down the street from here. Very easy to find, just right off the interstate and they have a very well lighted parking lot and plenty of parking. They also have a decent pool, which is 9 ft and deep enough to swim in, but no kiddie pool if you are needing one. We didn't get to try the pool because a really bad storm had just came though the area and it was filled with a lot of debris, but this wasn't the fault of the motel by any means...they just hadn't had time to clean it up.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PCagle4
GMFL354, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Cocoa / Port Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for inspiring and motivating us to walk an extra mile to attend to the needs of our valued guests. It brings us great joy that we were able to serve you well and that you took notice of the hard work our entire staff put into to give you the best experience there is. We sincerely appreciate the feedback you gave regarding our reliable staff and we also noted down the issues concerning the cleanliness and the condition of some of our room facilities. Rest assured that we will do our utmost to address and correct such issues so as to give you a far better experience the next time you stay with us again.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I booked this hotel on line and because my husband is disabled, I ask for a 1st floor room with 2 double beds, and smoking. When we got there, at 4:25, we were told that they only had a 2nd floor room with a king size bed, and no smoking. I told them that we had to have a ground floor room. The manager said that they had one room but that it had not been cleaned yet. Mind you, their ad said that check in was at 4:00pm and we arrived at 4:25. The manager told us to give them about 1/2 hour to get the room cleaned. So my husband and I went for a drive. We came back 45 mins. later and the room was still not cleaned. We went to the front desk and asked what was going on. The manager spoke to the head of housekeeping and he came into the lobby and said that we should have been told 1 hr. before it would be clean. Again, we went for a drive to buy some snacks and soda's. It was 7:00 before we got into the room. The fridge had a half empty bottle of water in it, the coffee maker was dirty and the carpet had a hole in it. The bathroom had one light and where the other was suppose to be was just a hole. we felt that the manager should have given us a discount or atleast let us stay past the time of check out. Also, the website does not tell you that there is a train track nearby and the train goes through about 2-3 times a night. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Janelle S
GMFL354, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Cocoa / Port Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for your insightful feedback regarding your hotel experience. It saddens us to know that your room of choice was not available during your time of arrival and that you had to wait for another room to be tidied up before settling in. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences incurred during your stay with us, and we are also very sorry for not meeting your expectations. Rest assured that we will carefully evaluate the issues that you brought to our attention to properly ensure that it does not happen again. We do hope that you’d reconsider visiting us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cocoa
Days Inn Cocoa Cruiseport West At I-95/524
Days Inn Cocoa Beach Port Canaveral
Cocoa Beach Suites
Cocoa Beach Suites
#17 of 31 in Cocoa Beach
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Cocoa / Port Canaveral? Share your experiences!