“A place with atmosphere”

Murdock's Southern Bistro
Ranked #6 of 126 Restaurants in Cocoa
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in Historic Cocoa Village a few blocks from the Indian River, Murdock's Southern Bistro offers a Southern inspired menu with full bar and live music with a Key West vibe.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a cute place with good food. They have live music & it's a fun place to enjoy a good meal. The service was a little slow but the atmosphere was amazing

There are newer reviews for Murdock's Southern Bistro

Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

I was pleased by the reviews for Murdock's, it's just steps from Cocoa Village.

I was not pleased with the menu, food or service, possibly because we were not drinking.

The menu was surprisingly limited and some items were unavailable because they had been sent away to be served by their new restaurant????

The waitress made errors in both our order and the neighboring table's order, and while the food was priced to be special, it was only average.

This is not a restaurant we are planning to return to anytime soon.

1  Thank Mark P
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The friendly waiter suggested a couple specialties to us after serving our drinks. A noteworthy house appetizer was the fried pickles. Served with a delicious dipping sauce, we quickly devoured the generous portion. We enjoyed our lunches on the outside porch, unhurried by the staff. We visited Murdock's on a previous trip to Cocoa and will definitely go there again.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We ate lunch at this charming old restaurant and found it to be very nice. The place has, according to our server, recently changed its format and menu. Having never eaten the prior I can't speak to past food but the new menu is varied and very good. Tasha, our server, meade us feel right at home and helped guide us through the menu. I say helped guide because not being familar with some of the items, she took the tiem to explain them. If you are looking for a little something different, give this place a try, it's pretty cool. There is a nice big bar for drinks and there is a outside dining area. Check it out you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Went there for lunch and had the Cowboy Up Burger. I have been eating burgers for over 55 years, and this is one of the best. In fact, I could not figure out if I wanted to put the sauce, which I got on the side, on the burger for fear of diminishing it. In the end, I put it on some parts, and not on others. Great both ways. My wife had a club sandwich, also very good.

We went back a few days later, and the burger was just as good. Both times the service was excellent, Erin being a charmer. Seating on the patio at the back was nice.

A new favorite vacation restaurant in the area for us, well worth driving over from Cocoa Beach for. Highly recommended.