“I liked it better before the menu changed.”

Murdock's Southern Bistro
Ranked #5 of 127 Restaurants in Cocoa
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in Historic Cocoa Village a few blocks from the Indian River, Murdock's Southern Bistro offers a Southern inspired menu with full bar and live music with a Key West vibe.
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The first time I ate here we loved it. I had vegetable lasagna and my hubby had shepards pie i think.. It was reall home style food. Tasty, comfort food. The menu has been revamped and now has a more tex-mex feel and I just didnt care for it the last time we went. The Atmosphere is STILL very nice and they have outdoor seating in the rear as well as side walk seating where dogs are allowed.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Don't mind paying for a drink but this was a rip off.I have eaten there in the past and they have great burgers and salads but we just stopped for a drink during the street craft fair and the drink was like a shot. The mix and tomato juice are inexpensive, the vodka is not top shelf, the glass was about 6 oz filled with ice.

1  Thank SamIam427
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great location in Cocoa Village BUT everytime we've gone they don't have enough staff, the regular cook was off...etc Sometimes it is good sometimes bad...not consistent

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Been a few years ago since we were there, but the bar and restaurant was very delightful. The total experieince was great. They have a full bar and more or less bar type food, e.g. fried pickles, sandwiches, etc.
If you are looking for a Friday night out, try this one.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I don't usually re-review a place, but there seems to be some unhappy diners at Murdock's lately, so I was afraid that maybe they had gone downhill. 6 of us went there on a recent Friday night, expecting to have to wait for a table, but we were offered a table immediately inside. Because there was a musical group playing nearby and we wanted to talk, we opted to go out back on the patio. We had it entirely to ourselves for a while, then a few other folks arrived. The lack of a crowd on a Friday night had me worried.

I don't know where everyone was, but I needn't have worried. We all ordered different items, plus the bottle caps for an appetizer, and it was all very good. My fried chicken ("Yardbird") was delicious, as were the bottle caps, and the onion rings. My brother-in-law had the chicken fried steak, and he said it was the best he's ever had. I annoyed myself by eating all of my dinner, and thus not having room for dessert, but that's how good it was. The only item that I felt I could have made a better version of at home was the macaroni and cheese. It was just okay.

Our server was nice, and attentive. Our appetizers and dinners were served in a timely manner, and all very hot.

We still love this place, and part of me hopes people continue to stay away, so we don't have to wait for a seat!

1  Thank WanderingFool47