“Skimpy $5.50 Bloody Mary. It was tiny. Ridiculously small.”

Murdock's Southern Bistro
Ranked #8 of 126 Restaurants in Cocoa
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in Historic Cocoa Village a few blocks from the Indian River, Murdock's Southern Bistro offers a Southern inspired menu with full bar and live music with a Key West vibe.
“Skimpy $5.50 Bloody Mary. It was tiny. Ridiculously small.”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Don't mind paying for a drink but this was a rip off.I have eaten there in the past and they have great burgers and salads but we just stopped for a drink during the street craft fair and the drink was like a shot. The mix and tomato juice are inexpensive, the vodka is not top shelf, the glass was about 6 oz filled with ice.

1 Thank SamIam427

Orlando, Florida
“GOod Burgers but just OK”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great location in Cocoa Village BUT everytime we've gone they don't have enough staff, the regular cook was off...etc Sometimes it is good sometimes bad...not consistent

Visited November 2012
Merritt Island, Florida
“Great environment and food”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Been a few years ago since we were there, but the bar and restaurant was very delightful. The total experieince was great. They have a full bar and more or less bar type food, e.g. fried pickles, sandwiches, etc.
If you are looking for a Friday night out, try this one.

Visited September 2012
Melbourne, FL
“Back a year later, and still good.”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I don't usually re-review a place, but there seems to be some unhappy diners at Murdock's lately, so I was afraid that maybe they had gone downhill. 6 of us went there on a recent Friday night, expecting to have to wait for a table, but we were offered a table immediately inside. Because there was a musical group playing nearby and we wanted to talk, we opted to go out back on the patio. We had it entirely to ourselves for a while, then a few other folks arrived. The lack of a crowd on a Friday night had me worried.

I don't know where everyone was, but I needn't have worried. We all ordered different items, plus the bottle caps for an appetizer, and it was all very good. My fried chicken ("Yardbird") was delicious, as were the bottle caps, and the onion rings. My brother-in-law had the chicken fried steak, and he said it was the best he's ever had. I annoyed myself by eating all of my dinner, and thus not having room for dessert, but that's how good it was. The only item that I felt I could have made a better version of at home was the macaroni and cheese. It was just okay.

Our server was nice, and attentive. Our appetizers and dinners were served in a timely manner, and all very hot.

We still love this place, and part of me hopes people continue to stay away, so we don't have to wait for a seat!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank WanderingFool47
Cocoa, Florida
“Our Home Town Favorite!”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

When visiting Cocoa Village, if you wish to eat delicious honest food where the locals eat, visit Murdock's Bistro, about two blocks south of the central part of town. Interesting atmosphere, as most of the decor/windows came from the Brevard Hotel, a historic fixture on the Indian River for many years. The bar is lengthy and favorite gathering spot, and you may choose to eat inside. out front or on the back patio. Most nights live music begins at 7 p.m. The chef usually has a selection for dining, the prices are in the $10 to $19 range, and on the regular menu my favorite is the Fried Yardbird "makes you wanna slap your mamma," and the fish of the day is always good. My husband loves the fish tacos, and we both crave the apple gorgonzola salad. Lots of good choices in the selection of sides, including turnip greens, homemade potato fries, and macaroni and cheese. Relax and enjoy.

• Visited July 2012