“Black Tulip Cuisine Shines During Covid-19 Shutdown”

The Tulip Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #13 of 114 Restaurants in Cocoa
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2020

Creating high quality fine dining meals for take-out is a skill the Black Tulip has demonstrated that few can pull off, and at an affordable price. My husband and I celebrated our anniversary with a take-out meal that had curb service for easy access. He ordered veal and I had mahi-mahi that were well-prepared. Both came wiht fresh vegetables cooked just right, warm, crusty rolls, miso soup, salad and delectable desserts - cheese cake and housemade key lime pie. This was our first experience there as we recently moved to the area. We will definitely come back when the dining room re-opens. A five star experience for foodies!

Date of visit: April 2020
Write a reviewReviews (133)

Reviewed February 25, 2020 via mobile

The price fix selection was limited. Appetizers and Desserts were good, but my Veal Saltimbocca must have been prepared ahead of time and was served cool, dried out with no sauce.

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank C8844HUrobertb
Reviewed February 9, 2020

We had dinner here before we went to see "Sound of Music". Dinner was excellent, so was the service. We had the three-course meal, which was very good value for money. I started with the tuna appetizer and my companion had a spinach salad. The tuna was excellent. The salad had just a bit too much vinegar for my companion's taste. I had a crusted blackened salmon. Delicious. My companion had the mahi mahi. She found it bland. The vegetables served with both meals were delicious - just "a point". We had dessert - creme caramel and key lime oie. The creme had not been made that day (a bit rubbery) but had a good flavour nevertheless. The key lime pie could have done with more lime. Service was excellent. We had a bottle of Piersporter Spatlese to do with our meal. It suited very well. Price with tip $130. I thought this was one of the best meals I have had in a restaurant in many years. I'd go again.

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank 2Fiver
Reviewed January 25, 2020 via mobile

The Tulip has been in Cocoa Village for as long as I can remember...aka The Black Tulip. We went there on Thursday night for the first time in a few years, and had an excellent experience. The service ( thank you James) , the ambiance ( we sat in the bar area) and the food were all top shelf! My partner had the Roast Duck and I had the Mahi Florentine. We plan to make this “regular” favorite. Visiting snowbirds should give the Tulip a try! You won’t be disappointed!

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

Tried it again after many years and was hoping it was better than it delivered. The Brie appetizer was good. We were a party of 4 and no one really enjoyed their main course. I found the food to be heavy. The key lime pie for dessert was delicious. We won’t be returning.

Date of visit: January 2020