Tripadvisor
Cocoa

“Dinner for Two prior to attending the Theatre”
Review of Black Tulip

Black Tulip
Ranked #19 of 139 Restaurants in Cocoa
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had dinner here before we went to see "Sound of Music". Dinner was excellent, so was the service. We had the three-course meal, which was very good value for money. I started with the tuna appetizer and my companion had a spinach salad. The tuna was excellent. The salad had just a bit too much vinegar for my companion's taste. I had a crusted blackened salmon. Delicious. My companion had the mahi mahi. She found it bland. The vegetables served with both meals were delicious - just "a point". We had dessert - creme caramel and key lime oie. The creme had not been made that day (a bit rubbery) but had a good flavour nevertheless. The key lime pie could have done with more lime. Service was excellent. We had a bottle of Piersporter Spatlese to do with our meal. It suited very well. Price with tip $130. I thought this was one of the best meals I have had in a restaurant in many years. I'd go again.

Date of visit: February 2020
Write a reviewReviews (128)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The Tulip has been in Cocoa Village for as long as I can remember...aka The Black Tulip. We went there on Thursday night for the first time in a few years, and had an excellent experience. The service ( thank you James) , the ambiance ( we sat in the bar area) and the food were all top shelf! My partner had the Roast Duck and I had the Mahi Florentine. We plan to make this “regular” favorite. Visiting snowbirds should give the Tulip a try! You won’t be disappointed!

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

Tried it again after many years and was hoping it was better than it delivered. The Brie appetizer was good. We were a party of 4 and no one really enjoyed their main course. I found the food to be heavy. The key lime pie for dessert was delicious. We won’t be returning.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 31, 2019 via mobile

Acoustics are lacking causing the the dining room to be very loud. Even the waiter had to raise his voice to be heard. Food was average.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed September 30, 2019 via mobile

We recently visited the Tulip restaurant after having left the area more than 30 years ago.

We enjoyed the dinner special, which even came with wine and dessert. The salmon and the chicken were quite delicious.

The service made the wonderful meal even more special. So glad that we returned to the Tulip! We were delighted to find that it was every bit as wonderful as it was in the 1980s.

Date of visit: September 2019