TripAdvisor

Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

My wife has been wanting to try one of the restaurants in Cocoa Village for a while. So for date night I took her to the Black Tulip. We were both very impressed. The food was really good and the prices were reasonable from $18 - 27. I had the chicken cordon bleu and she had the roasted pork. The restaurant offers a dinner option for $35 and you get a four course meal with options. That was a great deal. I will definitely be back.

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a reviewReviews (123)

Reviewed October 3, 2018

Excited for our first visit to the Black Tulip we were disappointed mostly in the service. Service problems (it was not very busy, I would estimate 2/3 full at most) included three different servers coming by our table originally saying I will be with you shortly. When we finally ordered drinks I received a margarita after 15 minutes and others who just walked in being served at the bar prior to us, the server did not bring out the glass of wine that was also ordered until re- requesting it. The margarita tasted like very cheap mix and little or no alcohol in it. The ordering process went well but about the time we were expecting our food the server said they were out of chicken dish that was ordered and it could be substituted for another chicken dish. We also had problems with the salad, one was ordered without tomatoes, it arrived with tomatoes. When the server saw us taking it off the plate she said oh they put tomato on in a laughing it off manner. The unacceptable service errors ruined the experience in general. The atmosphere was nice overall. The food was also very good overall. The sauces with the conch fritters and grilled London broil were very good. The only food problem was the rolls, four hot rolls were delivered, two were good the other two felt like bricks that had been reheated for days. Would I go back? Most likely not, there are too many other restaurants with good food that offer better service.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed June 19, 2018

Went here for dinner the day after Valentines. Overall the food was ok, but the potatoes tasted like they were left over from the previous day. For the price and location I expected better.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Hadn’t been to the Black Tulip in about 20 years. Warmly greeted by waitstaff and owner who circulated throughout the evening and spoke with the diners. Food is excellent, very good variety, fine dining with soft chandelier lighting and candles on tables. Wine list was sufficient. Very pleasant.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed February 23, 2018

Looked for a for an upscale romantic dining experience for our anniversary. Have been to most of the top rated restaurants in the area over the years when we come down from New York. It was superb! Shocked how reasonably priced for fine dining. Wine..$6-7 dolllars a glass. Speciality salads $5-8 dollars. The entrees...lamb chops-best I’ve ever had. Pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon. excellent. The waitress was very friendly and attentive. The owner, Daniel, came over personally to make sure everything was perfect. What a compassionate, friendly gentleman. A proud owner who appreciates his customers. A warm intimate setting and the best dining experience I have had in the area and I wholeheartedly recommend it. By the way, disregard the negative reviews as you can see they were from years ago when it was the Black Tulip

Date of visit: February 2018