TripAdvisor

Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Hadn’t been to the Black Tulip in about 20 years. Warmly greeted by waitstaff and owner who circulated throughout the evening and spoke with the diners. Food is excellent, very good variety, fine dining with soft chandelier lighting and candles on tables. Wine list was sufficient. Very pleasant.

Date of visit: April 2018
Write a reviewReviews (123)

Reviewed February 23, 2018

Looked for a for an upscale romantic dining experience for our anniversary. Have been to most of the top rated restaurants in the area over the years when we come down from New York. It was superb! Shocked how reasonably priced for fine dining. Wine..$6-7 dolllars a glass. Speciality salads $5-8 dollars. The entrees...lamb chops-best I’ve ever had. Pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon. excellent. The waitress was very friendly and attentive. The owner, Daniel, came over personally to make sure everything was perfect. What a compassionate, friendly gentleman. A proud owner who appreciates his customers. A warm intimate setting and the best dining experience I have had in the area and I wholeheartedly recommend it. By the way, disregard the negative reviews as you can see they were from years ago when it was the Black Tulip

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 25, 2018

What an amazing place… The Black Tulip is Cocoa Villages best restaurant. The food, the wine, the staff and best of all the owners. Tanya and Daniel really know how to make you feel comfortable. One of their hard to get dishes is the lamb, although if you’re lucky enough you’re in for a real treat. Something many don’t know is they have a secret wine list that you have to ask for. While there main selection of wine is pretty amazing, the secret list is worth the price.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed January 22, 2018

The Tulip is lovely, and the food Great. Staff accommodating--family like and many are family.
We were a group of 50+ and agreed. Choices Steak. Salmon--Rack of Lamb--Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin. I had the lamb my vegetarian husband a great alternative---Polenta with squash, also excellent!!
My choice was the rack of lamb which was generous & perfectly cooked as I order it med rare with a pesto sauce!!
Dessert sounded fascinating a chocolate Bread Pudding -

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed January 21, 2018

I have given the Black Tulip a rating of Five only because I cannot give them a Ten. Or a twenty. Or a thirty. Its been years since last I had such an overall great restaurant experience.
The Tulip is very nicely appointed, clean with professional//friendly staff. The food was OMG Great. I took a group of 60 and every one of them agreed. GREAT. The Tulip owner, Daniel and I selected a menu with four choices. Steak. Salmon--Rack of Lamb--Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin.. Heard comments like "Best salmon I have ever had" "Best pork loin I have even eaten" "Steak was perfect" My choice was the rack of lamb which was "the best lamp I have ever eaten"
As an event director is it very important for me to be able to offer my clients a fantastic experience and the Tulip certain did that.
My only regret is I did not choose the Tulip for my last dinner of the week since it would have been the best way to end the week.
I will return next year with another group of 60