TripAdvisor
Cocoa
Post
Inbox
Search

“The Black Tulip is Cocoa Villages best restaurant.”
Review of Black Tulip

Black Tulip
Ranked #20 of 152 Restaurants in Cocoa
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2018

What an amazing place… The Black Tulip is Cocoa Villages best restaurant. The food, the wine, the staff and best of all the owners. Tanya and Daniel really know how to make you feel comfortable. One of their hard to get dishes is the lamb, although if you’re lucky enough you’re in for a real treat. Something many don’t know is they have a secret wine list that you have to ask for. While there main selection of wine is pretty amazing, the secret list is worth the price.

Date of visit: August 2017
Write a reviewReviews (123)

Reviewed January 22, 2018

The Tulip is lovely, and the food Great. Staff accommodating--family like and many are family.
We were a group of 50+ and agreed. Choices Steak. Salmon--Rack of Lamb--Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin. I had the lamb my vegetarian husband a great alternative---Polenta with squash, also excellent!!
My choice was the rack of lamb which was generous & perfectly cooked as I order it med rare with a pesto sauce!!
Dessert sounded fascinating a chocolate Bread Pudding -

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed January 21, 2018

I have given the Black Tulip a rating of Five only because I cannot give them a Ten. Or a twenty. Or a thirty. Its been years since last I had such an overall great restaurant experience.
The Tulip is very nicely appointed, clean with professional//friendly staff. The food was OMG Great. I took a group of 60 and every one of them agreed. GREAT. The Tulip owner, Daniel and I selected a menu with four choices. Steak. Salmon--Rack of Lamb--Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin.. Heard comments like "Best salmon I have ever had" "Best pork loin I have even eaten" "Steak was perfect" My choice was the rack of lamb which was "the best lamp I have ever eaten"
As an event director is it very important for me to be able to offer my clients a fantastic experience and the Tulip certain did that.
My only regret is I did not choose the Tulip for my last dinner of the week since it would have been the best way to end the week.
I will return next year with another group of 60
It's ALL Good!
Bubba
BubbasPamperedPedalers.com

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 16, 2017

We were a group of about 15 pers. Nice staff and friendly service. The food was ok but nothing special. Fairly large portions. I didn't find the restaurant very cozy as such but maybe it is because we were a bigger group not placed in the main serving room.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 15, 2017

The food was excellent...... I was expecting the atmosphere and service to be better. The waitress was quick to get the order and deliver.... felt as though we were not in fine dining restaurant. She never ask us if we would like a cocktail at wine with dinner. We had to ask for anything we wanted. She spoke so quiet we neither heard what she said. I loved my meal but probably would look for another place for a special occasion next time. It was my husbands birthday.

Date of visit: December 2017