“Not great”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Murder Mystery Company - Cocoa, FL
Reviewed September 7, 2014

Food not great, no bathroom facilities, not much in the way of entertainment. Be prepared to visit with your own friends. Overpriced.

Date of experience: November 2013
2  Thank Patricia J

Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I have attended two shows by The Murder Mystery Company in Cocoa at Cafe Unique. We attended one show and were really impressed with the food, the actors, and facilities. The show was engaging with lots of audience participation. So we went again a couple of months later. Unfortunately it was a totally different experience! The actors didn't seem to get the audiences' attention so everyone was just talking among themselves so it got to where you could not even hear anything the actors were saying. No one was participating in finding the "clues" to solve the "crime." Plus, the food was terrible! I very rarely send food back but it was worse than food cooked all day in a crockpot with a canned soup. I was really disappointed and honestly it was so bad that I haven't even wanted to go back to the restaurant even though we have a Deal Chicken voucher for the restaurant. To some extent, I guess the actors can't be responsible for the crowd/guests, but I feel like they could have been a lot more captivating and engaging.

Date of experience: November 2013
3  Thank Kayla W
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had a couple visiting from Buffalo so we decided that this would be an unusual thing for all of us to do. The theme was the Roaring 20's so we girls ordered dresses and accessories over the Internet and the guys had "gangster" hats! It was nice that they took pictures when you came in before you were seated. We had fun trying to solve the mystery! The food was mediocre and I had really expected better. We had beef stroganoff and it was hard to find the beef! Easy to find the noodles though.

Date of experience: February 2013
2  Thank Gagal
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I agree with the other reviews. We have been to Mystery Dinner Theatre in Virginia Beach, Richmond, Nashville and Alexandria and always had a fabulous time. I bought this on groupon expecting it to be similar to our other experiences. Didn't even come close. The food is overpriced pasta with a piece of chicken. There is a surprise $9 per person gratuity charge at the end of the night. It was hard to hear and most of the night was just spent in chaos. Not much of a script. I won't go back. Even paying half price it felt expensive for a 2 hour improv. More microphones and the staff talked through the presentation.

Date of experience: September 2013
1  Thank Brenda R
See more reviews
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Honestly folks, I don't do this often, but I can't recommend this venue to anyone.
I bought the groupon, as I've done these shows else where and had a great time, looking for a different way to spend the weekend with my wife.
It was different alright:
-The "theater" was well over 95deg. in the room
-The salad, sitting in the table when we arrived early, was room temp.
-The salad dressing, also waiting on the table, was hot and seemed spoiled. (Ranch at 95deg.?)
-The meal, chicken and pasta, was cold and extremely poor quality.
-The servers were poor, and barely responsive to requests for more tea, remember the temp.?
-The acting was poor at best, but who could pay attention when you could not sit still from the heat?
-The language from the actors was inappropriate for family, calling each other wh0res as part of the act. ( actually yelling it)
-As others stated, there was a $9.00 mandatory tip per person. No way for that service and food. What a rip off!!
-I'm ok with audience participation, but you were volunteered whether you wanted to go on stage or not.
-The story was very loose, and hard to follow with the rest of the disruptions in the room.

Ok, I'll get off my soap box because you'll get the idea, but just be warned. This is a waste of time and money.

Date of experience: August 2013