The Murder Mystery Company - Cocoa, FL - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Overpriced

I agree with the other reviews. We have been to Mystery Dinner Theatre in Virginia Beach... read more

Reviewed September 7, 2013
Brenda R
Viera, Florida
Cute show- overpriced meal

Reviewed July 3, 2013
ConnieW140
Cocoa, Florida

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I purchased the tickets to this show through Groupon. I am sure glad that I did not pay full price, as I felt like I was taken purchasing them at half price. The food was absolutely horrible and the show was even worse. The show was not at all what we expected and was very strange. When we arrived there was a book on the table with information about the table’s character and their secrets along with some play money and note paper. A person at each table was picked by one of the actors (questionable if you would call them actors) to play a character. No one volunteered, they were just picked. There were to be 3 rounds, and during each round, each person was supposed to go around to the other tables and talk to the people and try to bribe them (with fake money) to tell their secrets. Prior to the first round ending we slipped out while everyone was milling around, supposedly asking questions and bribing others with the fake money. We thought we were going to a theater where we could sit back and enjoy a show. This was not the case.

Date of experience: July 2013
2  Thank Ziggy53
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My friend took me there as a surprise birthday gift, and we had a ball. It was a lot of fun and the actors were terrific.

Date of experience: August 2012
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The show was cute but disapointing. The prepaid meal was a plate of noodles with a choice of three sauces and a paper cup full of bread pudding for dessert. At the end of the meal, we were presented with a bill for $9 a person for the tip and were told by the waitress that she was not paid an hourly wage. She works for tips only. That is an illegal practice if in fact she was telling the truth. I would not recommend the show or the meal.

Date of experience: June 2013
2  Thank ConnieW140
Reviewed March 9, 2013

It is expensive. You get a book at your table to read about the mystery. The acoustics were so loud that we had no idea what was going on. Only 2 actors showed up instead of 4. The room was packed. There were 7 of us and we came away so disillusioned as it was girl's night out and we were all so ready to enjoy the evening. The food was cold. We waited almost 40 minutes for our wine. When we sat down after paying ahead for the show and meal, we were told there would be a $9 charge per person for the server. It was one of the most expensive evenings we have had and the most disappointing.

Date of experience: March 2013