“Terrible Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Cocoa
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Cocoa
Reviewed April 3, 2009

I stayed at this hotel 2 weeks ago and have never experience such poor customer service. I am still waiting for the hotel general manager Gopa to return my calls. I've left 4 messages and he and his hotel staff obviously do not care about customer service. DO NOT believe that it only costs $50 from the airport. Almost $200 with the hotel clerk getting me lost for 30 miles and no compensation from the hotel!!! With so many choices, avoid this one!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed March 21, 2009

Wow this place is a gem! Clean and beautiful, nicest Holiday Inn Exress I ever stayed at. Seemed like marble everything except the bed. Pretty pool and whirlpool, friendly staff. Breakfast was great!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2009

The staff is very efficient but the hotel is declining around them. They didn't have the signature cinnamon rolls because they hadn't ordered enough, so the server didn't fix any. They ran out of bacon and didn't replace it. The boiled eggs had been in the frig so long they disintegrated at my touch, isn't that unhealthy?
The window seal was broken and fogged, and according to maintenance had been that way for a long time. Most of the plastic hangars were missing. When I asked for at least 2 replacements I was given precisely 2. The hall carpet is beginning to buckle and the wall at the end of the hall shows water damage. Management is saving pennies in the wrong places. I'd continue down the road to Melbourne, smaller property but well maintained.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2008

Stayed here the night before our cruise - nice hotel with beautiful lobby and small conference space. Nice pool. Service A+++ I had booked one room with Priority Club points and the other two rooms for friends - they upgraded all 3 rooms to suites for us! Bathrooms are nice and have granite/marble shower and counters. Staff is friendly and hotel is a couple miles from Merritt Island/Cocoa Beach and all the attractions - would stay here again if coming to the area.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Itlngrl
Reviewed August 4, 2007

We stayed here for 2 nights on an anniversary weekend. Booked a room with a jacuzzi , which was wonderful. Only complaint was that it wasn't cleaned when we returned to the hotel on our 2nd day. Soap scum still apparant, and no new towels replaced in jacuzzi area. It appeared that the bathtub area was not cleaned either, although the bed was perfectly made. The bed was comfy. The complimentary breakfast was not outstanding, but typical of your continental breakfast. Staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. Price was higher than we usually pay, and I felt that it was too high for what we received.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FloridaVacation_Gal
Reviewed April 25, 2007

We stayed at this hotel, as a family, redeeming priority club points (husband travels extensively for business).

The hotel is located at the junction of I-95 and SR-520. There is little within walking distance, save a McDonalds. There is a Burger King, a Waffle House and an IHOP nearby but due to traffic, one couldn't suggest walking. The beach and Historic Cocoa Village are a short drive, as noted on the hotel website. Tourists should be warned, though, that to get to these areas one must drive through, what the County newspaper called, one of the most dangerous in Brevard County.

It has a small but well-appointed (unheated) pool and hot tub, though tourists should be warned that the pool is subject to use by those using the convention facilities for receptions, without warning to hotel guests. The hotel 'covers' for this by saying guests can still use the pool but who is going to allow their wife or daughter to parade in swimwear in front of dressed businessmen socially drinking?

As we were using priority points, we were definitely given the poorest room that met our minimum booking standards. We had a nice view of the pitch of the roof from our window-a view that only about 4 rooms in the entire complex would have. The room also, while well-cleaned by the housekeeping staff, emanated a very strange odor, as if Chinese food had been left unrefrigerated in it.

The Express Breakfast was the bare minimum you would expect from Holiday Inn Express. Staying at several in this chain, I can safely say this one offered the least of any I had encountered. To boot, much of the fruit set out for guests was near rotten (black and brown bananas?) and once I got a yogurt that had gone off.

I found much of the staff, while polite, not very helpful.

While visiting Florida, we split our stay between this hotel and 2 others in the Holiday Inn chain, at the same priority points level. I can safely say that, for the same amount of points, anyone vacationing in the area would be much better suited to the many other Holiday Inn chain hotels nearby. This hotel clearly caters to its convention centre. It would be acceptable for a one-night stay en route to somewhere else but for any other stay, I cannot reccomend it.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank Spark_Jewel
Reviewed March 25, 2006

This is not your average HI Express-this place is very classy. I would guess it is six years old. I have never seen an Express with large banquet rooms or one that baked cookies at night for the guests. Our room on the third floor had a 12 foot ceiling----very classy! Easy to find, large breakfast area (usual HIE items) make this a good choice to stay at. Lots of restaurants located a few minutes away right down the street towards the beach. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2006
7  Thank Impala guy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cocoa
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites
Days Inn Cocoa Cruiseport West At I-95/524
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cocoa? Share your experiences!