“no internet as advertised”

Holiday Inn Express Cocoa
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Cocoa
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Hotel is clean, the wireless never worked, check in person was rude but other staff were nice. Linda at breakfast was very nice . I needed wireless and never being able to access it was a problem, many guests were complaining but still not working on check out.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cocoa, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Admittedly, third party service providers can be frustrating for us all when any service is disrupted. Internet service was temporarily disrupted that evening and the contracted service provider was contacted immediately. Service was restored in as timely a fashion as the service provider responded. It's always our pleasure to provide immediate attention to guest concerns.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

This was a great choice for an emergency trip to visit my sick father in the hospital. I flew in by myself and had no idea where I was. It was a great location, super clean, great breakfast more selection than normal and loved having a jacuzzi waiting for me when I would get back from a long day at the hospital. But what made my experience the best which I will never forget is the human kindness. I lost my father during my stay and I was truly comforted by nancy and other staff. They asked me everyday how I was doing and if I needed any to please ask. I can't thank you enough for your smiles it means a lot to me. And yes nancy I made it home safely:) I will always remember you:) THANK YOU!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Caliwen
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cocoa, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for review. We regret the circumstances for your stay, and offer our condolences.

Our guests are always the focus of our service, and we put forth every effort to make our property feel like home. Part of that mission includes genuinely caring about those who stay with us.

We wish you the best in the new year, and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Awesome complimentary breakfast which is very well maintained by the excellent and friendly staff. Rooms are well maintained and very comfortable.Internet facility is also good . It is a very satisfactory choice and had a good time. Kudos to the working staff at the breakfast area.
Just two small suggestions
- would be to keep a dustbin closer to the microwave and refrigerator in the rooms rather than it being around the working table area.
-And replace the A/C units with ones with remote control options and lesser noise.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the I-95 to reduce road noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate your recognition of our breakfast staff.

We have forwarded your suggestions to our management department for consideration. We appreciate your time in providing feedback, and hope to see you again during a future stay!

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

The only reason I didn't give it a five is because there was a lot of dust on the light fixtures and in the bathroom ceiling vent. Otherwise the room and facility were very clean and well maintained. The breakfast was good and the attendant there seemed to do an awesome job keeping everything stocked and still clean tables and talk to guests during the Sunday morning crunch time. The front desk staff was fine. Bed was very comfortable.

Stayed: December 2556
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cocoa, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Thank you for your positive comments! We are certainly pleased to have been afforded the chance to meet you and provide you with great service. We look forward to seeing you again, soon!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Very clean, comfortable rooms. When there was a momentary power hiccup, I was impressed by how quickly they recovered. My wife and children really liked the outdoor pool. Unlike most hotels, the water pressure in the shower was decent.

1  Thank dnumme

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Cocoa for your accomodation needs. We are always pleased to provide exemplary service for our valued guests. We look forward to seeing you again, soon.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

We are Intercontinental Ambassador members, so we were upgraded to a better room. It was extremely well maintained, and spotlessly clean. ( Although there was some road noise early in the evening, it died down after 8pm) This hotel is right by I-95, easy to find, and easy to get back on the road. My son lives in a nearby town, and unless you want to be on the beach, this hotel is perfect. There is complimentary breakfast, or if you sleep in, Mcdonalds is less than a block away. The staff was professional and very nice. Cocoa Beach is a few miles away, with trendy bars and good restaurants, and all the fast food places you would ever want or need. Our room had a hot tub, that we did not use. They also have wifi , we got for free, I'm not sure if it is included for all room rates, but the speed was great. This hotel is also positioned with room door on the inside of the building. For a woman traveling alone, I feel safer in this configuration. Everyone walks by the front desk to get access to rooms.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jayne52
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cocoa, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for your review! As an IHG Ambassador, we greatly value your loyalty and feedback.

It is our goal to provide clean, comfortable accommodations with up-to-date amenities. Our property is conveniently located near Interstate 95 and State Road 520 for easy access to Cocoa Beach, Merritt Island, and all of the attractions our area has to offer such as Kennedy Space Center. We do feature all interior corridors in our building, for the safety of our guests and to keep our property's common areas maintained.

We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed one night (Saturday) for my husband marathon the next morning. At first I was put off a little by this property because I had requested a late check out due to the time my husband would be finishing the marathon. I was told they had already allowed their allotment of late check outs for Sunday Morning. I had called the hotel beforehand and asked about a late check out and was told that I needed to ask in the morning. So that was a big let down. But the front desk had offered us a half day rate and for that we could stay until 6PM. That worked out perfectly for the whole family! Everyone was able to take a nap and get cleaned up after the race. So it was actually better than just a late check out.
The breakfast was well maintained and fully stocked. The breakfast attendant was friendly and helpful.
After leaving the property and heading home we realized we had forgotten my son's necklace in the bathroom. I called right away and the front desk clerk went up to our room and found his necklace. They put it in the safe (even though its sentimental value far out weighted its money value). I sent them an envelope and they mailed it to us within a few days! Awesome customer service! Thank you!

1  Thank jenbudd
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cocoa, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are sorry to hear about the inconvenience you experienced at the beginning of your stay, but glad to see we were able to offer an alternative solution to suit your needs.

Our primary goal is customer service with a personal touch. We strive to treat every guest, as well as their belongings, as we would treat our own family. Whenever an item is left behind, large or small, we take care to make sure it is returned to you quickly and safely.

Again, we appreciate your time in providing feedback, and hope to see you again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cocoa
Days Inn Cocoa Cruiseport West At I-95/524
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites
10 mi away
Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center
Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cocoa? Share your experiences!