“"Amazing fun”

Ranked #4 of 13 Outdoor Activities in Cocoa
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Our family included our 11 year old daughter and two middle aged females. None of us have ridden a horse in years. Had a wonderful time with Donna. All of the horses were easy to ride and the trails were fun. None of us were saddle sore at all. Donna was very helpful as was very
aware of making sure we all drank plenty of water.

Grateful for the use of the boots for all of us and the helmet for our daughter.

Wear appropriate clothes....long pants and hat (avoid getting scratches on legs....hat for sun
protection as well as small branches).

Great fun. Will do it again.

4  Thank pudellen

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I came to Florida for Easter break from Michigan. I read about Desert Acres on line. I had an awesome time!! The owner, Donna, and I rode for 2 hours. We were able to trot and canter instead of just walking in a line. We went through brush, sand, up and down hills, and ran through small river beds. It was great! It was true riding not just a walk around the property.
During the ride I lost my car keys. Donna saddled up another horse and went back on the trail to
find them. After about 45 min. of searching she found them. Now that's customer service!! This is a must for anyone who enjoys horseback riding. Scout was an excellent horse! If I come to Florida again this will be my first activity again. Thanks Donna.

7  Thank mabucia
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Loved this place, nice and simple, drove all the way based on a friends opinion and he was right! My first time riding and was a little nervous but Donna is very encouraging. Horses are well trained and very friendly. 5 stars!.

3  Thank Muhammad H
Reviewed April 12, 2014

My daughter is 11 and an experienced rider, my wife rides occasionally and I have ridden in a stables for a couple of 1 hour lessons only. We spent a long time looking for a suitable stables as I was worried that some of the more touristy places might be a bit of a donkey plod. This is the real deal. Donna who runs the place is really very friendly and welcoming. It's a proper stables and not something set up just to take your dollars. The horses were well cared for and very friendly. We took a 2 hour trek through the wilderness, saw a gator in a lake a d some birds too, would have been nice to see some more wildlife but that isn't anything Donna can influence! This is a one hour drive out of central Orlando and into the real Florida and I would recommend it if you fancy a change from the hubbub of the theme parks

2  Thank shrekfeet
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Had a great 2 hour ride. The horse was wonderful, safe but not sluggish. Scenery was breathtaking. Parts were dense and it was like riding in the jungle. Other parts were wide trails. Donna let's you ride as fast as your skill level allows. I highly recommend.

5  Thank Kim H