“Great Mexican Food”

Chaparral Mexican Grill
Ranked #10 of 124 Restaurants in Cocoa
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Authentic Mexican Favorites for over 30 years. Oak Wood Grill for the steak lovers out there. Full Liquor bar featuring Brevards #1 House Margarita as voted by Florida Today.
Sharpes
“Great Mexican Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

The Chaparral Mexican restaurant has large selection of meals both for lunch and dinner.It is a great place to take friends and family. The meal portions are more then enough and most of the time warrent taking some home.

• Visited November 2012
chaparral32780, Owner at Chaparral Mexican Grill, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Smith,
Thank you very much for the postive review. We are glad you find we have a wide selection of food and the quality to be outstanding. We take great pride in our business and hope to see you again soon. We also have the backroom that is great for the holidays since you mentioned bringing friends and family. Hope to see you again soon!

Management

Cocoa, Florida
“Good choice for Cuban Sandwichs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

We both had the cuban steak sandwich it was delious!! However the plantians were a little soggy with grease. Would probably just go back to the sister property in Titusvlle. They are better overall!

• Visited August 2012
Cocoa, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NEVER AGAIN!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

July 29, 2012

SUCKS! dont eat here!

by Terry Helms (1 review)

10 oz.NY Strip dinner - My boyfriend and I wanted to go to Grandpas Steakhouse, but upon arriving they were closed. We decided to go to Capparral becuse when we pass by it is always busy and my boyfriend enjoys Mexican food. I'm more of a steak girl. My boyfriend wasn't feeling well but he knows how much I like my steak, said I deserved a night out on him for having to put up with him. We got some chips and salsa, the chiops were very good, I dont like salsa so I didnt try that. My boyfriend didn't order anything. We sat there for 20 minutes before I got my salad, that also was very good. We sat there for 45 minutes waiting on my steak dinner, if it hadn't been for the chips and sals, we'd have starved to death (figuretively speaking) I had to call the waiter over to tell him how to cook my steak, Imean, come on, how long does it take to cook a little 10 0z steak. Geez! He never came by once to ask how the meal was. And how was it you ask! TERRIBLE! The rice had been sitting under the heat lamp, was very dry on the top, underneath was moist but it was very bland, no taste at all. I had to mix it with the re-fried beans to eat it (which by the way, I've never eaten those before, but they were good) The steak was cooked to order, it was topugh to eat and when you took your first couple opf chews, it tasted like they had started the wood with charcoal lighter fluid. We had to hunt the waiter down to get our check, I told him that I would like to speak to the manager, which I had to wait another 15 minutes for her. I explained stuff to her, she was rude and very obnoxius. Saying, we've been in business fopr 30 yrs, came down from Tittusville, never have complaints, I told her then how come the people behind us was saying the same thing that the only thing that was any good was the beans? I can't give you the meal free, told her I'm not asking for that, I'm just elling you, your chef or recipes suck.....I got 10% off the bill, big deal, if she just would of belived me, I would have been satisfied with that. I will nevwer eat there or recommend this place to anybody.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank NA n
chaparral32780, Owner at Chaparral Mexican Grill, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
We sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. We are always trying to improve and i will speak to the manager about the service issues you mentioned for guests like yourself that come in near closing time. I value all of your insights and wish you the best

Michael
Cocoa, Florida, United States
“SI!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had never been here. A friend of mine took me their last Month for my birthday. I had the Fajita's, in the back Canteena . (it is not good to allow me in with the population) Real Mexicans here folks. Great food. Friendly staff, they even made me wear the stupid Hat...(hey it's my birfday) brought me out some mexican desert with a candle on it, and sang to me. So it was a good time. I even went back a few days ago, for another friends birthday , (he refused the Hat)

Visited June 2012
Melbourne, FL
“Not outstanding, but still pretty good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

My daughter and I went to Chaparral Mexican restaurant on a recent Saturday night. We were surprised that it was not busier, being a Saturday night; the restaurant was maybe 1/3 full. The first thing we noticed was the decor--unusual and charming, maybe worth a trip by itself. We were seated immediately, and our server visited our table quickly for our drink order. I got a house margarita, which is locally advertised as the "Best in Brevard (county)." It was pretty good, and served in a large, blue-rimmed margarita glass. The bartender did not skimp on the tequila either--I only drank the one margarita, and had to let my daughter drive when it was time to go. The chips and salsa were average; the chips were the usual sort that most Mexican restaurants serve. The salsa had a strong tomato flavor, and was more like a sauce than salsa, in that it was not chunky. Neither chips nor salsa tasted like they were homemade.

We ordered our entrees, and they were good. Mine came with a dollop of guacamole, and it was fair, not great, but not bad either. I also ordered flan for dessert, and it was quite good, served in a pool of caramelized, watery syrup. During our meal, a train passed by. The train tracks run directly behind the restaurant, so at times patrons are subjected (treated?) to a bit of vibration and rumble. It's surprising that the sound is not louder, given the proximity of the tracks.

A visit to the lady's room revealed that the charming decor did not extend to the restrooms; the interior was drab and unremarkable, and could have used a bit of cleaning.

The prices are very reasonable, and although the food was not outstanding, we will probably return. With a few tweaks to the food, Chaparral has the potential to be fabulous.

• Visited May 2012