“Tastey!!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Melbourne, Florida
“Tastey!!”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Very cute cafe. We enjoyed the chicken noodle soup, reuben sandwich and turkey sandwich. Sandwiches are very large, will share next time. Service was impeccable. Very clean - bathroom was beautiful!!

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank HPSB

mims florida
“quaint but not for a rush”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

The ambience and the food and drink make this worth visiting, not the very slow service.
But we were not in a hurry taking a friend out for a lunch. The cafe has loads of bric a brac, some attractive and interesting. The coffee selection was good and so were the large drinks served. An Apple Walnut Salad was good. The Turkey Club very good, and Hot Diggidy Dog ok. The Big Olafs Ice Cream is to die for and has a 5 star rating.
But with 3 staff visible why did everything including paying take SO long?

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank gwgMimsFlorida
Ontario
“Interesting Cafe Unique”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We have driven by Cafe Unique many times but have never stopped in. Recently there was a Chowderfest at Port Canaveral and we decided Cafe Unique had outstanding chowder so we wanted to see what else we might enjoy at this restaurant. Also, they allow dogs in the patio area so we decided to bring ours along with us. That way, we could get in a doggie stroll and a lunch.There's lots on the menu to choose from. There are many pork and beef based sandwiches or wraps but I always gravitate to meatless items or items with chicken. I had some trouble choosing but in the end, I choose the Florida Orange Avenue Salad which was quite yummy and huge ($9.95). It was very nicely presented and you can choose your own dressing but it began with a bed of spring mix and that was very crisp and green looking. The salad ingredients included cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes, cranberries, a few slices of avocado, garbanzo and black beans, peppers. lots of Feta cheese, sunflowers seeds, granola and a sliced wedge of orange. I was very happy with this choice and kept thinking about the next time I would be back to try it again. My husband ordered a turkey club sandwich $7.50 with a side of potato salad. I must admit that I was so involved with my salad that I never even looked at his choice! He did enjoy it though. You have the choice of 5 kinds of bread for your sandwich and 1 side (cup of Amish icecream, fruit cup or macaroni, potato or coleslaw salad). They have some other interesting salads including a chicken salad, a Gorgonzola strawberry salad and an apple walnut salad; they all sound great. So, I must go there again soon and then it will be a difficult decision! Yikes, there's quiche, too - so what will I select?They also offer some half sandwiches that you can put with a salad or soup. I ordered a decaf coffee and sometimes that can be an issue but not here. They ground and brewed a fresh pot for me and I did appreciate that. They have specialty hot drinks, a long list of teas, and some interesting cold drinks (Maria's tiramsu freeze is the house specialty drink) as well there is soda, lemonade, etc. My husband tried the apple cider freeze and really enjoyed it. They have a showcase of desserts including Shoofly pie. There are a variety of jams, pastas, etc for sale inside as there is a bit of a shop. The place is very funky and there are many items for sale including works of art. The service was also unique at Cafe Unique. We were the only table outside and it was busy inside so it would have been easy to forget us. This was not the case. We were well taken care of, for sure, even though they were short a server. A regular customer just started helping out. Now that's a loyal fan! After our lunch, we took some time to walk around the shops in the village. We really enjoyed our unique experience at Cafe Unique. Sadly, there was no chowder on the menu. Maybe next time! Just one last thing...if you like breakfast, they serve it until 3pm.

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank MiztyOne
cocoa beach
“Good coffee and excellent bagels at a fair price.”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

About two weeks ago my husband and I decided to grab a quick breakfast before shopping in the area. The bagel sandwiches were a great choice. They also had platters with all the standard breakfast choices and a variety of deli meats and cheeses. The service was excellent and the decor is fun, bright and interesting. A toddler boy sitting next to us was a little rowdy until he got his hands on a bagel. Then he was entertained, chewing on it for several minutes with a big smile on his face. We were smiling too after a dellicious breakfast!

• Visited November 2011