“Hotel with great staff”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Clewiston
Ellington, Connecticut
“Hotel with great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

May 14,2014 was a quick one-night business stay. Courtney at the front desk quickly checked me in and had also prepared to address my on-line reservation request for a quiet room. She also made good recommendations for a late dinner in the area. Breakfast is served starting at 5:30, important for guests who have early appointments. General Manager Vivian was kind and prompt to address my needs.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank VNwildrose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Celebration, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed here 4/13/14 and loved it. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, and the breakfast was a full breakfast - not bagels and juice as you leave. It was a little pricey for a small town, but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Bonnie8507
Homestead, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

My husband and I were driving through Clewiston and stayed at the Bestwestern hotel. The room was fantastic. I loved the bed, so comfortable. The room it self was clean and the hotel staff was super nice. I felt right at home. Every time you past the lobby, the staff called you by your name. It just made the visit that much better that the staff was so personable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VeronicaCotrina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Room was clean, bed was comfortable. TV and internet worked great. Complimentary breakfast was more then adequate and opened plenty early for our early bird start (0530). As convenient as we could get for our birding trip to STA-5. I would stay there again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Seaweed12
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stay 1 night at this hotel, they charge the right amount for that night, then three days later, they charge the same amount again, when I call then they said " We thought you stay 2 nights", they offer to refund my money the next day by 2:00, that was the 21, well for the 29 there is no refund yet, I still working on it.... :(

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank travelforbusiness784
vivian clewisto... p, Manager at BEST WESTERN of Clewiston, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
To Whom it may concern:

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, I am sorry that I can not give you more information on this response it is because I do not have enough information to pull
up a folio... please contact me personally so that I may look up your information..

Again I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Key Largo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Very nice staff and clean well kept rooms. The poll looked clean but too cold to swim. Nice updated furniture and microwave and frig provided. Hair dryer also. We have stayed there many times and will again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank Jeanine P
Good Morning ,

I would like to thank you for your recommendation, It is always a pleasure to have you stay with us, look forward to your future stays and again thank you so much for taking you time and
filing this review.

Madison, WI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Being on vacation and night owls, we planned to sleep in during our 7 day stay; on our first morning, we were awoken at 9, 11, and 12 by the cleaning staff who knocked FOUR TIMES before trying their key - which would have told them someone was inside. As we had no "do not disturb" sign, we went to the front desk to request one.

They would not give us one, as they claimed troublemakers would regularly come in and switch the signs to other rooms. We instead left a message with the front desk requesting service at 1 pm - a time we knew we would be awake and before the maids' departure at 2 pm. Unfortunately, that note was not heeded and once again we had housekeeping repeatedly waking us up in the morning by knocking over and over before simply trying the lock.

Moreover, instead of waiting any amount of time, twice we were awoken by knocking on the door only to receive a call less than ten minutes later waking us up AGAIN.

Of course, it didn't help that all of the exterior doors, which require key cards, were NEVER actually locked. All but one of the doors are too light to shut themselves, and the one door that does self-close has a rubber mat just inside the door, which we removed from the door daily as it was propped open nearly every night. Had any staff member bothered to walk around the building....ever...this issue of "people messing with signs" could be resolved.

Furthermore, when we went to do laundry and realized the price of 1.50 per load AND per dry, there is no change machine anywhere on the premise. When we requested change from the front desk, they could "only spare 2$", leaving us short of doing even a single wash and dry!

We plan to never stay here again and would recommend travelers check out the Holiday Inn Express next door.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sabin1001
vivian clewisto... p, Manager at BEST WESTERN of Clewiston, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
January 3, 2014

I would like to thank you for presenting this survey, It is only this way that I can find out what experience my guests have had during there stay. I do however wish to apologize to you for
the situations that lead to your discontent with our property.

I would like to have the opportunity to make it up to you by offering you a discount upon your return to our property and will definitely make sure these issues do not come up again.

Again I do sincerely apologize and will make sure that all these issues are immediately addressed so that no other client will goi through the same problems.

Vivian Perez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clewiston
Holiday Inn Express Clewiston
#6 of 7 in Clewiston
North Lake Estates RV Resort
North Lake Estates RV Resort
#1 of 6 in Moore Haven

Been to BEST WESTERN of Clewiston? Share your experiences!