“Nice family restaurant.”

Cuisines: Cuban
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“Nice family restaurant.”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was finished fishing on Lake Okeechobee and the marina owner recommended this place. I had a Cuban sandwich which was excellent, and the cost was $4.90. I about fell off my chair. My total tab for drink included was less than $8. Cheaper than fast food and oh, so much better. I liked this place and I liked the staff which consisted mainly of the owner's family members. It is not perfect, and a little homey, but overall a very nice place to eat when you are ever in Clewiston. I did not try the desserts, but, they looked incredibly delicious sitting in that glass case. All homemade no doubt.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank onceinawhile31

Durham NC
“A find!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I'd been travelling in Florida for a week and was sick to my stomach of blah, unappetizing food. I had to stay in Clewiston and walked down to the Florida Cafe. Pleasantly surprised to find a very clean, welcoming restaurant with real cutlery, table cloths and napkins. And it got better; ordered a salad, grilled chicken, mixed rice and fried plantain. I also had a glass of merlot. Food was fresh and tasty with clean flavours. I savoured every bite; the wine, although a bit warm was also good. If I'm ever back in the area I will make it a point to visit again!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank TravellingScotNC
Austin, Texas
“Stopped and then left”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Ordered unsweetened tea twice both times came back with instant sweet tea. Place looked really nice and clean. Very nice people just messed up my tea and I was very thirsty. Will try again someday maybe. This town is way off my normal travels.

Visited April 2013
Tampa, Florida
“NO WAY JOSE!!!!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Cuban sandwich a joke ants on the food basket tostones mealy soup bad no silverware or napkins service slow don't bother just go to Popeyes next door on a good note stop and go to the bathroom it's clean and decorated lovely

• Visited April 2013
Northern Wisconsin
“Excellent Cuban sandwiches”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I had the pork sandwich - house speciality. It was delicious & huge. I took half with me. My husband had the pork, cheese, and pickle sandwich. It was also very good. The prices are very reasonable. We were there at 11 a.m. & were told that we could also order breakfast . The sandwiches came with shoestring potatoes. Other sides were extra. The proprietor was very friendly.

1 Thank QMB