“Average food with poor service”
Review of Cafe Tropical

Cafe Tropical
Ranked #11 of 31 Restaurants in Clewiston
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I went based on reviews from here, but wasn't very impressed. Yes, they do give you a ton of food, but it wasn't great. Our waitress was very rude. I may give it another chance next time I'm in town, but not a good first impression.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

This place is tucked in a very unassuming strip mall and the place itself doesn't do justice to the wonderful food it serves! The Cuban sandwiches are huge! To top it off, this place is dirt cheap. Two huge 1/2 chicken dinners with a ton of rice and beans along with plantains and a salad is less than $17.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

My wife and I, her brother and his wife met my wife's niece at this venue based on YELP reviews. It is next to a convenience store and when we entered the "Cafe" we were ready to be disappointed. There are 10 or 12 formica-topped tables and on the right a diner-style bar (no alcohol served) where several people were enjoying their sopas and sandwiches Cubanos. These sandwiches are HUGE, putting Subway and others to shame. When we asked the difference between a sandwich Cubano and Cubano special, our friendly waitress said that the special has more meat in it. As if he regular sandwich did not have enough cold cuts. I noticed a brisk take out activity in sandwiches Cubanos.
Our drink orders (only canned drinks and water available) were served promptly and we ordered our dinners. I chose the 1/2 chicken, my wife the pork dish and my in-laws and their niece the chicken nuggets.
Wow!! Are these lunch plates HUGE?? I am not a big meat eater but I tucked into my chicken dish and could only eat half of it. The side dishes of yellow rice and black beans were delicious. Other members of the family said that their plates were excellent as well. And the price? Incredible!! Half a chicken with all the fixings for $7?? We took home half of our food and had it for supper when we got home.
So the bottom line is the place is nothing to look at as it is a bare bones diner but the kitchen turns out super home-cooked food. Highly recommended..

Reviewed October 7, 2011

We stopped here on our way south from Orlando. The food was authentic, inexpensive and service was friendly. We even received a complimentary bucci!

Tip: Abuela only makes Flan on Tuesdays. If you are not there on Tuesday, you're out of luck.

1  Thank kysgrl

Been to Cafe Tropical? Share your experiences!