“Food isn't everything...”
Review of Akina

Akina
Ranked #8 of 211 Restaurants in Clermont
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place has a nice atmosphere and continually dishes out amazing sushi, But the owner/manager is the rudest when it comes to customer service and hospitality: two of the driving forces behind any restaurant.
We used to go here all the time, and since becoming pregnant I have had to refrain from too much mercury, so one dining night I vouched to have their chicken terriyaki; stay away from it. I thought any asian restaurant could make a good chicken teriyaki, but this place definitely shines with its sushi bar- I will never stray again, if I build the courage to go back that is....
I sent the dish back to the kitchen because the meat in it was old and disgusting; I didn't feel it was healthy to eat, nor was is worth the 13-15 dollar price tag.
The owner (short older asian woman) came over to our table intrigued and seemingly annoyed with my decision. she couldn't seem to understand that I thought it was terrible, and declined to be any sort of apologetic, but instead insisted I know exactly what i wanted to order because I would be paying for it. . . . ;/ In all actuality, I was ordering a roll I promised to bring to my step father who never gets to enjoy sushi. . . . .
This women never greets you at the door or on the floor, never smiles, and basically makes it unncomfortable to dine around her.
I will admit we have been back once, but just the sight of her made me on edge.
I can't wait for someone else to step in place- she just doesn't belong in the customer's eye.
And I'm sure she is the reason the servers are always different faces.
See for yourself...
I would give this place 5 stars, but can't due to this woman.

3  Thank Cody S

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Sushi was top notch, seaweed salad was delish. Wine list was good, service was as well, if a little slow. Good place with or without kids.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Everything served here.A great sushi menu, appetizers, and chicken in a Singapore curry sauce was very good. Service very efficient and,even though we talked in and only one table was empty, we got served pretty quickly

Reviewed April 8, 2013

They have a great lunch special Bento Box that is amazing. I've also tried several dinner entrees that are delicious as well. Whether you are a sushi lover or not you will be able to find something to enjoy while you are there. I definitely recommend.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was some GREAT sushi. I'm no expert but the meticulous attention to detail and artsy way this sushi was put together was fantastic! Order any off the selection and you will be fine. If you live in the area, try a different one every time you go. The food just EXPLODES in your mouth with sushi greatness and expertise of the chefs. I also ordered the "double oriental wonder." If you are a shrimp and scallop like be you will LOVE the preparation of this dish and the fresh tasting quality of it and the sushi.The scallops were so huge and soft! Now, I'm not one to say "hey, let's go out for sushi !" EVER. Why? Let's just say I'm aware of what raw ANYTHING can do to you. But I live on the wild side occasionally ( Montazuma"s revenge be damned!) and thoroughly enjoyed my "top of the line sushi" The atmosphere is subdued, at least the night I was there, the set up is strictly solitary table for two that will be pushed together for larger groups, in an open air spartan environment that does not encourage romantic overtures. But, hey, you went for good ASIAN food and sushi, right? Enjoy!