“A HUGE Disappointment!”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Orlando, Florida
“A HUGE Disappointment!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

totally inconsistent! we went there to eat when we first moved to the area and it was really pretty good pizza.

we tried to order out and got the pizza cut up in little squares. ok, we are from the ny area most recently (past 20 years) and they don't cut up your pizza into little squares. we called and the owner YELLED at us. we never went back.

a couple few years past and we heard (not correctly) it was under either new ownership or management. so we though we would try it again! it was SOOOOOOOOOO good!!!!!!! just LOVED it! great service and actually the next time we ordered there was a problem and the waitress gave us a credit, really it was the "right" thing for them to do. it brought us back weekly.

we are so happy now a place we can order in 2x a week!

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ordered a pizza and AGAIN cut up into little square pieces. we asked for the pizza to be remade and the man there said this is the way we do it, always do it and it is the way it is. we asked please we just want regular sliced pizza he says i don't think we can do that for you. well, they did, but i'm not going to argue with the way i want the pizza that I AM PAYING for to be. by the way, although i know my reviews are harsh, believe me, i KNOW food, but worse is bad customer service.

a BIG HUGE.....thumbs down! on we think this may have been the owner, or manager's attitude to dictate the way we have to eat what we pay for. he didn't care he was losing a ;customer at all, so i understand for this area it is ok pizza and i also understand many people don't or never had real pizza before so this will do. but what will not do is: BAD attitudes and nasty management. we did nothing to provoke that attitude other than ask for the pizza the way we like to eat it. i think it's great that someone in today's hard times can care less about their customers and what they would like to order.

we will NEVER go back!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank sue n

Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the best food and service”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is the best restaurant in town i read the last copile of reviews it sure looks like these reviews are coming fom a defrent restaurant i meet the owners if there s something you dont like and i dont know what that would be but if there is a chance see the owners and the will make it right this is a great restaurant you should give them a try you wont be sorry

Jalisco, Mexico
“Average Food and Service”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We decided to try Spiros as it was closeby to where we were at the time. I ordered the gyro plate and it was the proper meat but without much flavor. Actually, it was rather lackluster as was thwe sauce that came with it. However, the melted cheese on the pita was something new for me and rather nice. The accompanying Greek salad was fresh and quite good. However, it did not make up for the bland gyro. My wife ordered the small pepperoni pizza and enjoyed the crust, the sauce, the cheese, and the pepperoni. Said she would go to Spiro's again if we were nearby at a meal time but I am not sure.

Leesburg, fl
“Don't expect "Chicago Style" anything”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was excited to find a local place that offered pizza similar to that of what we loved in Chicago. When I read that they cut the pizza into squares I knew we had to try it. Then, I read reviews that said they had great gyros. OMG! This must be a dream come true! Not even close. More like a nightmare. The reviews on here that say this place has great gyros have never had a real "gyro". In Chicago, they slice the gyros off the spit. It is fresh and even somewhat crispy. Folks from Chicago will know what I mean. This meat tasted worse than those supermarket gyros kits. It was bland, soft and chewy. The pita (on the gyros plate) was cut into little triangles. Why? Then they give you a salad and you are supposed to dress the gyro with that? Really? Lettuce on a gyro?? Two small tomatoes? No onions?

At least we had a pizza to save the day. Yeah right! The pizza was not thin. No, we did not order a deep dish. (Despite what the food network tells you, deep dish is not the only pizza people in Chicago eat....the thin crust is amazing). I later noticed on the menu that they did have a thin crust option. Maybe that is better, because this was garbage. They used that sliced sausage. Gross. The pizza was literally no better than you'd get at a chain pizza joint. There was nothing Chicago about this at all.

I don't like bashing family owned local places, but I don't think I'm doing any harm here. There seem to be plenty of locals that love this place. I will say that it was nowhere near as "dirty" as some have called it. It's no fancy restaurant, but it seemed reasonably clean. Perhaps they've cleaned up due to the other reviews.

The intent of this review is to warn my fellow Chicagoland natives. This food is nothing like home. Don't expect it and you may not be disappointed.

I miss Chicago food. How hard is it to make great pizza, quality Chinese food, awesome Italian beef sandwiches and tasty gyros??

2 Thank Beeeevis
Orlando, Florida
“Worst Gyro I ever had... YUK”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I'm not sure who writes the reviews about the Gyros, but they are sadly mistaken. I used to eat in Toledo Ohio where "Corporal Max Klinger's Family" ate at an authentic restaurant, so I am a little spoiled. I'm used to seeing meat carved off of the leg and then grilled quickly to perfection.

We went in and the place was busy, normally a good sign. We ordered based after waiting for about 10 minutes for our server to come see us. Luckily we were serenaded by a 12 year old playing guitar, at first I thought it was a lady who had been smoking for about 30 years but it wasn't. It wasn't so loud as to be disturbing and I'm not trying to be mean, it just didn't help the experience.

About 20 minutes later our food platters arrived and I had high hopes. WRONG.

The meat looked like lamb but had the distinct taste of pepper and another seasoning I am not familiar with. The meat was not seared or crispy on the edges but was plentiful in volume. The Gyro bread itself was not really fresh tasting and there was cheese melted to the bread that had to be made into a sandwich. The tiziki sauce tasted more like sour cream than anything.

We put it all together with lettuce that looked like taco lettuce and it really tasted plain and drab. It wasn't really expensive but it wasn't a good value to us. The place is kinda dirty if you look around and I think locals keep going here and writing reviews because of the volume of food you get. My friends wife had the steak and cheese hoagie and she thought it was "Ok".

Better choices in Clermont and maybe I caught them on a bad night. Try something else if you go because if you like really good Gyro's, you'll end up with a stomach ache for more than one reason here.

• Visited October 2012