“Exceeded Expectations”

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Clermont
Clermont, Florida
“Exceeded Expectations”
Reviewed December 9, 2010

When I checked in I received no problems. I asked about the complimentary Wifi and was told it wasn't working in the rooms but the Wifi would be able to be accessed in the Lobby. With a little disappointment we set off to our room and was very surprised to see it was very clean and well stocked with the basics.
The room was quiet and comfortable, with an in room thermostat instead of the loud small wall unit air/heater.
We went to check the Lounge and bar- which to our disappointment were not serving due to economic problems, but decided to try and use the Wifi. With a little trouble we managed to log on but the connection was slow- not conducive to why we needed it. But for emailing and social networking this was a decent connection.
We decided to go to the front desk for any extras we needed such as more towels and the people there were very helpful and friendly. We even had to ask for plastic ware (as we were unprepared) and the front desk went and searched for some stored in the lounge. We were happy to see they did have some and was happy to see the gentleman there go above and beyond to look for us.

The location is alright, just minutes from Minneola and Clermont which has many places to eat including famous local dives and popular fast food joints, not to mention near the hub of local attractions.

All in all I'd stay again if I got the chance and highly recommend this hotel to anyone who would stay in the area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed October 9, 2010

This is an old 1960's architecture hotel. It's a bit tired, but they're working to improve it with new toilets showers and vanities. It's a good value for the price.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I went up to Clermont to do some training on my road bike with friends and I was very pleased with my experience at the Days Inn by US 27. The staff was very cordial and the room was very clean and air conditioned. I had reserved a roll-away bed and they ran out and they ended up giving me an extra room at no charge. I will defintely go back to this hotel the next time I stay in Clermont.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights due to family events of graduation and wedding in the area. Wedding reception was held in the basement of the hotel. Here is just my portion of the experience and I'm not the bride or even mother of the bride...just mother of the bride's younger half sister.

From the time that the bride called the hotel to confirm final preperations for her event it was a nightmare. She was told by the event manager that they weren't even sure that the event was still going to be held there and then they were given a price $100 more than they were originally quoted.

Beyond that, the brides family had to NOT ONLY had to take the filthy, stained linnens home and wash all of them on our own but had to iron others (needed at the last minute) ourselves, beyone that we had to purchase two ourselves for the rectangular tables.

There was ONE trashcan provided for the entire reception area which was full mid-way through the reception.

I had to leave the event to get the event manager myself on three seperate occassions and twice I had to find her myself. The other time I was told she left the premesis. What responsible event manager leaves her property while three events are taking place simultaneously?

Then there was the rooms. The first room, the AC was set on 70 but it was 84 in the room. The room that the VERY NICE maintenance man moved me too (which was marked "out of order") was very chilly. However on day two there was a bug in my room the size of a mouse. I know FL is known for it's large bugs but really can we get an exterminator? Some relatives arrived around two in the morning and were checked into a room that was filthy with rings around the tub among other things...the room they were moved to the next day...had someone already in it. They were ready to leave at that point but there aren't many options on this side of town.

Again, the ONLY good things about this property are the maintenance man...Biggy; and the bartender Don.

• Stayed June 2010

Travelers are raving about these Clermont hotels

Brooklyn
Reviewed November 27, 2009

We stayed at the Days In in August. The rooms were simple but clean. There was actually a nice restaurant and bar on the premises. I was pleased with the service and would return if i was in town again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
ohio
Reviewed January 1, 2009

my family and I stayed in two rooms at the Days Inn. We were put into the "back" bldg, probably because I needed a handicap room. My daughter's room had other people's hair on the bathroom floor WHEN THEY ARRIVED! We spent the first morning looking for another hotel, but decided since we would mostly be away that we could tolerate the stay. We arrived on Monday evening. by Thursday morning, their room still HAD NOT BEEN CLEANED! When my son-in-law complained, the cleaning staff lied to the manager and told them that the "do not disturb" sign was on the door and that was why they had not cleaned (the sign had never been used.) So my daughter and family had no fresh towels, no maid service, no trash pickup from the room. It was horrible. My room next door was somewhat better, but I still arrived to find cobwebs hanging from the corners. In addition, when they renovated, they just chopped holes for the shower fixtures. My daughter came over to use my shower since it was the better of the two. You would have to be desperate for a room to stay here.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — filthy place
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank celticgrandma
New Jersey
Reviewed October 31, 2007

My family and spent 4 nights at the Days Inn in Clermont during our trip to Disney. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The rooms were recently renovated and were quite pleasant. It was a 20 minute ride from the hotel to the attractions. This was a good alternative to spending 200-300 a night for the larger hotels. I would reccomend this hotel and would go back there for my next Disney vacation.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank CheifST
wassilove, Sales Manager at Days Inn & Suites Clermont, responded to this review, June 30, 2008
We thank you for taking the time to give a review of our Hotel and for staying with us at Days Inn Clermont. We strive to give the best quality of service we can to our guests.
We all hope to host your family on your next visit to our area.