“Wonderful people running this hotel!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Clermont
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Clermont
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Certainly not the best of hotels in the Greater Orlando area in terms of rooms or meals or amenities. But these are some of the best people you can possibly find running this hotel. We live in Clermont, and on July 3th of 2012 our air-conditioning broke down, on some of the hottest days of the year, with little hope of a fix until the 5th at the earliest. We looked up a room at this hotel, hoping to just get a decent night's sleep for our family of four. The online rack rate was $99. When we went to the hotel and explained our situation, they lowered the rate to $69, which they gave to us for two nights. Needless to say we were very grateful for this gesture. So you can talk all you want about hard beds and thin walls. What really matters to me is these people treat you right and help you out when you most need it. Thank you so much for helping our family get through our little emergency!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
T M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clermont, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

We welcome and appreciate your comments. We are happy that we were able to assist you in your time of need.
Thank you again for your much appreciated comments,

Fairfield Inn and Suites Mgt & Staff

Reviewed May 13, 2012

We wanted to stay near Winter Garden and didn't want to drive into Orlando so we tried Fairfield Inn at Clermont 15 minutes away. Checked in at 10pm and got a great room on the 1st floor. Nice room size, higher ceilings than most hotels, refrigerator but no microwave, great bathroom and swing out mirror for my wife, nice quiet hotel, super breakfast with plenty of choices and a cheery woman making sure everyone was well taken care of. This hotel needs a better sign on Highway 50 so you won't miss it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
T M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clermont, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear 1st Time Stay,

Thank You for your great review. It is very much appreciated. My staff and I are happy that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us.

Yes we have a one of a kind breakfast bar hostess. She is always so cheerful and helpful to everyone. I will pass your comment onto her.

You will be happy to know that just after your stay we installed microwaves in the rooms.

Yes there is no sign on the main hwy to direct people to us. This is due to a city ordinance and no way to change it..

Again thank you for your feedback. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I booked a last minute stay at the Fairfiled Inn in Clermont, Florida. i made my reservation at about noon the same day as my scheduled arrival. I booked through Cheaphotels.com which apparently is another name for Expedia. I was drawn to the Fairfield Inn because it said pets welcome. I was traveling with my 18lb dog. The rate was $107, a little on the high side but I expected this rate at the last minute. There was no mention of a dog deposit. About one hour away from the hotel I called to confirm my room and my time of arrival. I also mentioned my dog. I was then told there was an additional non refundable $75 dog deposit. I told them this was not mentioned on the web site so I wanted to cancel. They refused a refund because I was within 24 hours or arrival, even though I had just booked four hours earlier and there was no mention of a dog deposit. I asked for a supervisor and was directed to call Expedia. I called Expedia and held for 53 minutes while they researched the matter. They then came back to me and said the hotel would not agree to a refund or waiver of the dog deposit, but I could take it up with the hotel in person. I went to the hotel and asked for the manager. I was told she was gone for the day and would call me in the morning. The front desk clerk told me he was instructed to tell me when I arrived that there would be no refund or waiver of the dog deposit. I was told that in fact the money goes to Expedia and they were the ones who would not agree to a refund or waiver of the dog deposit. Needless to say, I stayed elsewhere . The manager never called me.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Lottie561

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to take this time to apologize for and inconvenience that your reservation booking caused. I went on the web to see if the Cheephotels site showes that there is a pet fee and you are correct it was not there. Cheaphotel.com is a is part of Expedia.com and they pick up the information from Expedia. The Expedia site shows a pet fee. Why it was not fed over to Cheephotels is something that we are looking into. The desk clerk was correct in having you call the Expedia hotline. When you make a reservation through Expedia/Cheephotels.com there is a 24 hour cancellation policy. Your reservation was made for the same day there fore you were unable to cancel. I understand your disappointment and if you could please call the hotel at your convenience I would like to talk to you to see if we can rectify this in some way.
Our direct line is 352-394-6585. Please ask for the General Manager Terry March.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

The hotel was clean and cheerful. The area used for breakfast was also a great meeting place in the evening, with a large table, comfortable seating and a TV. All in all, a very nice mid-range hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Travler54

Thank You for taking the time to share your experience.
This is all due to a great staff and team work.
Every employee takes pride in there job here and it shows.

Our goal is to give you service that will make you want to return.
We look forward to your return,

Reguards,

The Staff at Fairfield Inn and Suites Clermont

Reviewed March 22, 2012

I had to travel to Orlando to visit friends and saved some serious money by staying at this hotel. Easily accessible from highways, nice area with ample amenities. The hotel is super clean, the rooms are nicely laid out and the staff was incredibly friendly. The hot breakfast really hit the spot in the morning. Very pleased. Would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ladytez

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic comments about the hotel and staff.

We truly want to give you the experience that will make you want to return.

We look forward to your return visit.

Respectfully,

Mgt and Staff

Reviewed March 21, 2012

I spent the week there for a softball tournament. While I was looking forward to a great night's sleep every nite after spending the day in the air watching my daughter play college softball and without sleeping next to my snoring husband -- however, every time the air conditioning system kicked on, it was so loud that it would wake me. Also, trying to listen to the television was impossible because I constantly needed to adjust the volume due to the air conditioning system. I brought it to the attention of the front desk daily, and it was never resolved. They couldn't switch my room because the hotel was booked solid due to the spring training college softball tournament. I assume that is just the way the air conditioners in the hotel were. They did discount me $20 per night which was admirable, but...

Also, the television is placed directly across from the bed which is "routine" in most hotels. However, in between the desk and the tv stand, there is a large piece of furniture which holds the coffee maker/refrig (no microwave -- which was inconvenient as well -- there was a microwave for use in the lobby). Therefore, if you were sitting at the desk on your laptop, you could not see the television. Not very functional.

The laptop internet was slow at best...very bad connection. Cord was only at desk...couldn't use your laptop while laying in bed...also quite unfunctional.

Coffee was not always accessible in lobby (after 7 p.m.)...it was kind like you got what was leftover from the day. Not even hot water to make tea, oatmeal, etc....later at night. Hampton Inn's usually have coffee/hot water throughout the night and even fruit and cookies sometimes.

Beds were very comfortable and room and lobby was very clean.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank debdoodleNewYork

Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. We truly wanted you to have an experience above and beyond your expectations.

The Air conditoner in the rooms can be noisy. Changing your room would not of helped this issue. However we have found that if you adjust the temperture in the room either up or down a few degrees this usually keeps it from turning on and off. Its trying to keep the set temperture that your requesting.

The internet in all the rooms is also wireless and there is no fee to use the internet. If you have problems accessing wireless then there is a help line posted on the desk in all the rooms
with a free 800 number and they will be happy to help you connect to wireless thus enabeling you to use your computer anywhere in the room/hotel.

The coffee is usually remade at 6pm at night. There is also a coffee maker in your room that you can use to make fresh coffee or hot water.

We apperciate your feed back. I will personally check to make sure that your issues are not recuring with other guests and again I apologize for you having to experiance them during your stay with us.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

I was very surprised to find such a great deal at the Fairfield Inn at Clermont. We had a very nice outer room with comfortable couch and TV. The kitchen had a micro wave and small refrigerator. The bedroom had a queen size bed and another TV. This accommodation was a great deal considering that we got all the above for the price of other one room suite's in the area. I will definitely recommend this place to family and friends. Breakfast was included in the price of the room.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Robert A

Dear Valued Guest,

My staff and I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments on this great hotel.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is our goal to make you feel welcome, Give you service that will make you want to return ,Give you a room that is clean and fresh and reflects the higest quality standards and respond promptly to any need that you might have.

It looks like we lived yo to our promise and thank you for letting us know.

Respectfully,