“Fantabulous”

Joseph Steed's Archery
Ranked #1 of 9 Fun & Games in Clermont
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Joseph Steed's Archery is located in the rolling hills near Clermont, FL overlooking Lake Apopka in the distance. We are USAA CERTIFIED ARCHERY INSTRUCTORS. We provide the equipment and training necessary to become proficient in the popular sport of archery. We guarantee fun. Also, check out our firearms experience on our website. Our goals are 100% satisfaction, 100% safety and 100% fun. This stuff is a blast. A short drive from all of Central Florida.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Went to Joseph Steed's as a stop on our Sunday family bonding activity tour. We have gone indoor rock climbing and visited Dinosaur World. But we all agree that archery was the most bonding and enjoyable activity we have done together. We cheered each other on, took advice from each other and Mr. And Mrs. Steed, and enjoyed a breathtaking view of Lake Apopka just beyond their property as we all strived to shoot a bulls eye. Our 6 year old was focused, excited and engaged the entire time and our 9 year old was driven to shoot a bulls eye if it was the last thing she did! We all enjoyed the experience of learning something new together as a family under the gentle guidance of Mr. and Mrs. Steed. We are excited to return and further fine tune our archery skills in the near future!

Joseph S, Owner at Joseph Steed's Archery, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

"Family, fun, fantabulous." Your words pretty much sum up what I am trying to create at Joseph Steed's Archery. Thank you very much for your review. Now I must compliment you. Your six-year-old son, while full of energy and enthusiasm, listened to instructions and followed the safety rules. Young boys with all their excitement regarding archery are always a challenge. Your son was great. Your nine-year-old daughter set a wonderful example for her younger brother to follow. She did quite well and, as I recall, hit several bulls eyes. Their love for each other was obvious. I'd say you are doing an exemplary job of parenting. Keep it up.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was looking for something different to give as a birthday gift to my 24 year old daughter--this place fit the bill wonderfully. Three of us, me (52 year old dad), the birthday girl. her 20 year old sister, got some great instruction from Mr. Steed. I looked at other sites and for the price I thought this would be the wisest choice. Other archery places charged by the hour plus the rental for equipment. Mr. Steed charged for two hours of beginning instruction with all equipment included at what I thought was a very reasonable rate. After his preliminary instruction and an hour and fifteen of practice shooting, we got to set up balloons (of varying size) on the targets and had a blast practicing on that. All in all well worth the drive, time, money, and great fun with my daughters. Thanks, Mr. Steed.

Joseph S, Owner at Joseph Steed's Archery, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Raul, you have raised a couple of beautiful and delightful young ladies. You have a lot to be proud of in them. It was my pleasure working with the three of you. Come back and let's shoot some more balloons.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

This was a birthday gift for my 13 year old grandson and he had a great time! Great instructor, great training, very safe and a beautiful location too. My grandson had been wanting to do this for some time and he said it was even better than he was expecting. He had an awesome experience and is looking forward to returning.My only regret was that I didn't try it myself. I will next time!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks, Dana, for bringing your grandson over for archery training. My experience has been that kids get addicted to the sport of archery quickly when they train with a certified instructor. Results come quickly, confidence soars. I'll look forward to seeing you guys another weekend.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I had been wanting to take some archery lessons. I am thrilled that I sought out Joseph Steeds. He is an awesome instructor and provides helpful tips to ensure you have a memorable experience. I brought my grandson along hoping he would also enjoy the day. We both left hitting the bullseye and excited about our next lessons. I would recommend Joseph Steeds for personal instruction as well as a wonderful and safe family outing.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Timmi, thank you for the nice review. Your grandson seemed to have a very good experience with archery. And you did a great job as a beginner as well. I enjoyed working with both of you and hope to see you again for intermediate lessons.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

An awesome time was had by all...even the parents had a blast! Joseph Steed is an excellent instructor...he engages the students from the very get go! He teaches safety first and reminds the students that there is a time for fun and a time for seriousness. I love how he made it a point to ensure that every student listened instead of letting the occasional student do "whatever" without calling attention to it. Made for a very safe and highly effective training session! My family and I can't wait to get back to the range for some friendly family competition!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Joseph S, Owner at Joseph Steed's Archery, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

The home school group was the single largest gathering to date. They did a fine job of listening and then of putting into action what I taught. A great bunch of students and parents. I may have had a better time than the students.