“Good food, Good value; nice cafe-style joint!”

Sarah's Greek Cuisine & More
Ranked #9 of 205 Restaurants in Clermont
Cuisines: Mediterranean
St. John's, Canada
“Good food, Good value; nice cafe-style joint!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We wandered in after checking out a nearby competing restaurant(/bakery) that didn't look very appealing. It was a good move!

We grabbed an open table and started to read the menu. Within a few minutes, Sarah came over with a sample plate of some of the things on their menu, which were all really nice.

We went with the chicken shwarma Pita, grilled vegetables. My spouse had Greek salad and pita chips with Tzatziki. I found the grilled vege a little on the salty side, but still very good. The chicken shwarma is very good and I highly recommend it.

Make sure you get a coffee, it's excellent.

Nice spot, you can tell the owner cares about the customers.

• Visited May 2013

Groveland
“Pretty good and not so good”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife and I love Greek food and I was excited to hear of this restaurant located about a half hours drive away compared to the two hour trip to Tarpon Springs where we usually go for our Greek food fix. We ordered several items 'to go'; gyros, moussaka, Greek salads,cheese pastry, and baklava. The gyros were the best of the lot and also the best value at $7 with ample amounts of meat, lettuce, tomatoes and red onion on a good pita. The tzatziki, which we ordered on the side, was a disappointment however. Although obviously freshly made, this version seemed over processed into a watery mix with little of the garlicky, tangy bite that the dish should have; also the portion provided was barely enough for half the gyro. The salads ($6) were a rustic mix of chopped tomatoes, cukes, with ample amounts of olives and peppers. The lettuce played a minor role here as did the feta, which showed up as minute particles and barely discernible. The dressing also seemed weak and had little flavor. My daughter had the moussaka ($7) and although she enjoyed the flavors, the portion size was laughable, a small triangle that was maybe five or six bites worth and no sides included. I have to compare this to the meals at Mykonos, one of our favorite Tarpon Springs restaurants. For just a few dollars more, you get a serving about three times the size of this one, and it includes bread, Greek salad and roasted vegetables. Rounding out the meal, the cheese pastry was large and flaky but disintegrated into a plateful of crumbs when trying to eat it and any cheese associated with this dish must have evaporated. The baklava was pretty good but nothing special, especially when compared to Hellas version in Tarpon.
I see that Sarah's has a lot of positive reviews and I'm happy that people enjoy their food but I think we'll continue to make the journey to Tarpon for the flavors and value we've gotten accustomed to.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank billdozerGroveland
Aberdeen
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do not skip!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This place was amazing! the food was so good we went back three times. Sarah herself is a doll and easy to talk to. I hope she sets up more stores somewhere closer to us.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Andrea J
Central Florida, Florida
“Authentic and declicious!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stopped in for dinner and were treated to excellent food! Extremely flavorful and worth more than what they charge. The hummus is fantastic and the lamb just as good! Stop in and treat yourself to some great Greek cuisin!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Anne C
Altrincham, Cheshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious fresh Greek cuisine”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We've eaten here twice this week, the food and service are as good as one another. Sarah guided us through the menu, gave us tasters to try and the food was amazing. Thanks

Visited April 2013