“Best place to eat”
Review of Goomba's - CLOSED

Goomba's
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We offer delicious, authentic Italian cuisine. Our restaurant is family owned and operated. We offer dining in or carrying out and a full bar!
Groveland, Florida
“Best place to eat”
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

My husband and have eaten here several time and the food just keeps getting better. We also get the pizza to go from time to time. Always great. Price is great too.

Orlando, Florida
“Pizza is Excellent!!! But so is everything else!!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I've been to Goomba's about about 6 times now and it's my favorite local restaurant.I'm kinda a pizza snob and needed to put a review up about this place that has so many things going for it! After a trip to Italy last year I thought that most pizza in the U.S. tastes like cardboard....... but this pizza really can't be beat.

The restaurant: it's in a nice location and in what was previously a church building. The lighting is nice with stained glass windows, and it's relaxing even when it's busy. They have a full bar with strong pours too. There is almost always live music on the weekends but not so loud you can't talk and enjoy your meal, it just adds to the place.

The Staff: The owners are there every time you go in. It's a family run business and after 1 or 2 times in, they know you by name. The staff is attentive with cold drinks, hot buttery garlic knots and everything else you ask for. Friendly for sure.

Most importantly, the food: The pizza has real cheeses and a thin crust but tasty crust that is sooo good. The sauce is tasty but not overbearing and they will make it to your liking if you ask for more or less. The toppings are generous on my pizza every time I go there and I have not been dissapointed.

More Food: There are always a couple of specials, the first night I had a fish I have never heard of covered in a sauce that made it zing. Man it was good, the salad with homemade dressing was good also. The portions are good and I tried the pasta with vodka sauce once too (it's hard not to order the pizza), it was really good. My fiancee had a pasta with a wine sauce and it was equally as good. We haven't had a bad meal yet and consistancy is important anywhere you go.

As you sit there, Frank (the owner) talks to you but not imposingly and asks if everything is good. I found out that he is also formally trained and that's why I tried the desserts. Absolutely ridiculous how good they are.

I rarely go on about a place (Read my other reviews) but this place is done right. Great atmosphere, an owner that cares and creates great food, good drinks and an atmosphere that people of all ages seem to like. I was going to take a picture of my food but every time I go I just end up eating right away.

• Visited December 2012
Gainesville, FL
“Really good pizza...happy to find this place!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Every year we travel to the Tavares/Clermont/Mount Dora area to attend one of the three Renninger's Antique Extravaganza. This year we stayed in Clermont. We usually go to Spiros, but decided to try someplace different this year, so we picked Goomba's based on the reviews here. It is also closer to our favorite Clermont hotel. We were so tired from our first day at Renninger's, we just got the pizza to go. It was very, very good and a medium was more than enough for the 2 of us. The owner was there and was very pleasant...seems to be a really nice family-run restaurant and if we weren't so tired, I'm sure we would have enjoyed dining in.

We had leftovers that we saved in our hotel fridge and then carted with us in our cooler and had cold pizza for lunch the next day while hiking Renningers (which turned out to be WAY better than the lunch we got from the vendors there the day before...). Hope this place makes b/c we'll be back next year.

• Visited November 2012
Clermont, Florida
“The old church in it's third or forth incarnation is doing well with Gombas making the pizza pies.”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Clermont's Rehabilitated Church restaurant is back as Gombas with a full bar and nice servers. The pizza pies were good and the ravioli very good. We visited twice in October the first time taking a pie on their terrace which was very comfortable and inside the second with out of town guests.

Clermont, Florida
“Authentic Italian and NY Pizza”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My family and I recently went to Goomba's for dinner. The prices are fair, and you get endless salad and garlic knots with all your entrees. Come on, where are you going to find that? It's amazing and fresh.
The spaghetti is endless as well and the portions are huge.
I highly reccomend visiting here! The servers are friendly and very attentive.
You have to try the house dressing which they make there themselves.
They also make a lot of different things themselves, such as their fried mushrooms and zucchini sticks.
Deffinately must visit!
The pizza is just like NY pizza, and does not compare to the garbage in this state. Another must try! lol

• Visited October 2012