“Great BBQ from Someone Who Is NOT A Fan of BBQ!”
Review of Uncle Kenny's BBQ

Uncle Kenny's BBQ
Ranked #6 of 213 Restaurants in Clermont
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My partner would eat BBQ 7 days a week, me not so much. However, Uncle Kenny's has GREAT bbq. The brisket is amazingly moist and lean and just right. The ribs are meaty and plentiful. The brisket basket is plenty of food for lunch or dinner, the 4 rib plate was almost too much food!

Service is good and the place is clean as a whistle. This is the kind of family place that we wish there were more of rather than so many chains.

Kenny's is St. Louis style BBQ and basically a no frills place to eat with good quality food and above average portions and fair prices.....well worth a try. We will be back!

1  Thank hogladyrider

Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Lots of BBQ to choose from in this area, and each has it's advantages - Kenny's is family-run, super friendly with a creative menu. I cant seem to get past their amazing BBQ baked potato, but we tried the BBQ nachos at out last visit and they were awesome too. Next up? Their BBQ eggrolls! Good prices, too. I'm always too full to try the deserts but they look scrumptious. I've seen some complaints on other websites that they don't have bathrooms, but they DO! And they are always sparkling. Kenny works in the kitchen and his wife serves. Restaurants never seem to last too long in this particular location but we hope Uncle Kenny's sticks around for a long time!

1  Thank GatorGirl417
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I checked out restaurants on TA recently before a trip to the Florida Theme Parks. This place really caught my eye - I was looking for the sort of place that features on TV show "Diners, Drive-ins and dives". What can I say , it was great ! We were there on first Friday in July and found the restaurant surrounded by some great classic cars( really appreciated by husband and teen son !!) all with hoods up , music was filling the atmosphere. Look out for this monthly event!.The restaurant is small , but this only adds to the ambience. This is no fancypants restaurant but the food was brilliant. We had the family feast at $40 . It came with a full rack of the best ribs ever, a whole bbq chicken and 1/2lb wonderful pulled pork along with more sides than we 4 could possibly eat. Service was great and really friendly too.We went back with friends a few days later and it was great then too, we added the beef rib special and the brisket too. Despite staying near Seaworld they intend to head back there again !! Thanks folks for a fab meal. Next time in Florida we will be sure to return and will tell all out friends heading out to visit you too !

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We wanted to give this place a try based on the TA reviews so stopped in for an early lunch. This place occupies the space of a former BBQ restaurant, Porky's, which opened and closed in a matter of months. I had the brisket basket with salad and my wife had the pulled pork basket with potato salad (baskets come with one side). Both were disappointing. The beef was dry and had no discernable smoked flavor and the portion was so meager that the meat barely covered the bottom of the bun. The pork was served with sauce mixed in, same small portion, and had an off taste that neither one of us could identify, but definitely wasn't good. The only reason I didn't rate this place lower is the service was good, friendly and cheerful, and quick with the drink refills. They also give you a punch card; when you buy five meals you get a free one...maybe that's why the portions are so small. We usually eat at Oakwood Smokehouse about a half mile down the road and based on this experience, see no reason to change. The BBQ is better and you get a lot more for your money.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

There are lots of BBQ joints in Clermont but this place has a very creative menu, esp. liked the BBQ Egg Rolls. Owner and his wife are very involved with the customers. We didnt try the dessert tray but it looked better than any other dessert tray in town except Cheesers.