“Good food, poor service!”

Robata Japanese Steak House
Ranked #45 of 197 Restaurants in Clermont
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Clermont, Florida
“Good food, poor service!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I love Japanese food, so I enjoy the food that is always tasty- not the best though. The service has never been good, but the affordable prices and convienent location keeps me coming back for decent Japanese food!

Visited September 2012

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Deliciously surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Took my daughter for her birthday and college farewell dinner and she said it was the best dinner ever. Fast service, entertaining Hibachi,lots of food and delicious. Surprised of such a good restaurant in my town. Will recommend it.

South Carolina
“Wonderful...wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I had the opportunity of having dinner at this place and it was absolutely wonderful....the food kept coming from the appetizer to the main course. The chef was great and he made the meal very interesting.....we had much leftover to snack on later that evening....the atmosphere was very nice and the entire place was very clean..especially the restrooms. Next time I am in central Florida I am planning to make this a place to have a great meal...plus made a few new friends along the way...thank you again and hope to see you all soon.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank BigGreenVan
Bonaire
“Excellent Japanese in central FL”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Pleasantly surprised. I eat at a lot of Japanese restaurants and this was a nice surprise. Bento Box dinner was a great mix and all good food. The Tempura was fried just right, crispy and light, not oily, just maybe too much food. Great deal for the price. The Momokawa Diamond Sapphire sake was perfect, first they brought a taste to see if it was what I wanted (yes!) and then a large white wine glass for just $7. Should have come in a carafe but just poured it into the sake glass and all was good. The atmosphere wasn't optimal; space was obviously too high a ceiling for a restaurant, may have been something else before or maybe it's just that's how strip mall spaces come in FL these days. But the lighting was nice and service was great. Would definitely go back.

• Visited August 2012
“A bit pricey, service is always VERY slow.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

I understand that sushi is made to order and I don't mind waiting for hand made rolls, but it always takes forever to take our drink orders, forever to get them filled, forever to come back and take our order and a really long time to get our order. We have always had to make multiple attempts to get our server to return to our table for refills or to order additional rolls. If you aren't planning on sitting at a hibachi, don't bother coming here. Try Fancy Sushi instead.