“Original Mexican Restaurant, Family owned and Operated!”

San Jose's Original Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 201 Restaurants in Clermont
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Miami, Florida
“Original Mexican Restaurant, Family owned and Operated!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Fabulous food! Our server Bernie was outstanding! Food is incredible. Highly recommend the Sopa De Mariscos, very fresh and tasty! Also, the lunch quesadilla, the Taco Salad, the Steak fajitas, guacamole. Great food, and authentic Mexican. The lunch Specials are served Monday-Saturday, 11:00-4:00 pm and the price from the lunch Special menu is $5.95! Can't beat that! They have Vegetarian food selection, Dinner Combos to choose from. Also must try, one of the house specialties, the quesadilla rellena. Every item coming out of the kitchen looked amazing! We loved our dishes, portions were very generous. The restaurant has a very cozy, and cute bar and bar sitting area. The wine selection and beers are very good as well as mixed drinks. If in the Clermont area you must visit this restaurant; must like authentic, original fresh Mexican food. Get ready to be treated exceptional by the Family owned personal. We will return, we had fantastic experience.

Clermont, Florida
“Terrible Customer Service, took advantage!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My 8 friends and I went for lunch. Most of us ordered lunch specials. My other friend ordered the fajita. On menu it says, $9,95 steak or chicken. My friend asked, can you substitue 1/2 steak, 1/2 chicken? Waitor said yes, sure. When bill came, he charged her $14.95. When asked why, he SAID YOU SUBSTITUBED, you wanted 1/2 steak 1/2 chicken instead of all steak....What!!! you never said there was an upcharge of 50%. He said nothing. Are you kidding me, how unfair. We explained he never said there was an upcharge of ANYTHING. We said you should have said something. He didn't care. We asked to speak to Mgr., he never came. What a terrible way to treat a customer. It was so unprofessional
and I am... along with many of the ladies there, will NEVER return to this place to be treated like this. There are 2 other places to go Mexican food --- and San Jose is NOT one of them. Scratch it off the list.

Portland, Maine
“Best I've found”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The San Jose restaurant is Clermont, one of three in a local chain, offers authentic Mexican fare at reasonable prices. For a great culinary experience order the California Burrito (the small one will satisfy most appetites). Food arrive quickly. Friendly staff, nice atmosphere, ample parking. Great value.

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING SANGRIA!!!! Go try some!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'm from MO and love wine and mexican food. There is only one place in St. Louis with sangria I would call authentic and perfect. San Jose's has the next best thing and it's a darn good thing I came across it because I plan to live in this area in the future so I'll need a place to go to get my sangria fix.

The food was good too but the sangria was great!

Visited January 2013
Windermere, Florida
“Fresh food and friendly service”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a great place to dine and has quickly become a favorite of mine.
The food is always served quickly hot and fresh.
The service is excellent with very friendly staff.