“Café con leche is a must-have!”
Review of Troy's Cuban Deli

Troy's Cuban Deli
Ranked #9 of 205 Restaurants in Clermont
Cuisines: Cuban, Healthy
Description: If you're in Clermont and looking for an authentic Cuban experience check out Troy's. At Troy's we offer an authentic experience with a healthy twist. The menu at Troy's is designed to cater to those who demand healthy, fresh, flavorful food. We only use all-natural, hormone-free, antibiotic-free ingredients.
Clermont, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Café con leche is a must-have!”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Best Ropa Vieja and always amazing service! Fresh ingredients, service with a smile and can't leave without a cafe con leche!

1 Thank Ginger R

New York City, New York
“A hidden gem!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

My family and I have visited Troy's Cuban Deli a couple of times and its just one of those places you always want to come back to enjoy an authentic cuban meal. Tried most of what was in the menu and everything was just cooked deliciously. The sandwiches are my favorite! Great place and will definitely come back again! Thanks Troy!

Jalisco, Mexico
“A Letdown After All The Good Reviews”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

After all the great reviews, we were expecting food comparable to some of the fantastic Cuban restaurants we have eaten in down in Miami. Unfortunately, we were disappointed in most of what we ordered.

Many of the sandwiches are made with turkey and my wife ordered one. We were told they were out of turkey but could substitute chicken breast instead. My wife agreed and ordered the sweet potato fries to accompany the sandwich. The sandwich was good but nothing special but the fries were excellent.

One of the specials of the day was Cuban pulled pork that came with choice of rice, choice of beans, and one other side. The pork was really disappointing as it was just that, pulled pork and there was nothing Cuban about it whatsoever. It was completely void of any flavor. The dirty rice was a little on the dry side but once the black beans and sauce were added to the top, it was very good indeed. The yucca was like a potato but stringier and had no real flavor.

The people that think this is real good Cuban food have obviously never eaten in Little Havana in Miami or in Cuba itself. I am glad we tried it but doubt we will return.

Groveland, Florida
“Glad we finally tried Troys!!!”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Finally stopped today to try Troys after seeing positive reviews from TripAdvisor. I had seen this restaurant was nestled in a little corner behind Gators Dockside but never bothered to stop. So glad that we did today. Mys husband and myself were both very pleased with our lunch. My husband had a pressed Cuban sandwich and I had pork and rice and beans along with yucca and plantains.... The pork was delicious!! It had a great taste and was very moist. The side items were equally tasty. The girl behind the counter was really nice! I told her it was my first visit and she immediately gave me samples of two different meats that were there. When she asked me what side item I wanted I told her I had never tried Yucca so she ended up giving me some Yucca as well as some Plantains.....very nice!!! When desiring some Cuban food we will not hesitate to return to Troys! It was clean, friendly and delicious!!!!

CLERMONT
“Try It! What a huge surprise!!”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Very casual with just enough seating. Daily specials plus some daily surprises. I didn't see stuffed bell peppers on the menu, but there they were! Line service. You see all the food and choose this type of rice or that type of beans. Then your entrée. I had the ropa vieja (shredded beef in red sauce) DH had Cuban sandwich. Both excellent. They also gave me a sample of the Cuban pulled pork. Wow. SO good. I will go back to try the roasted chicken which you can purchase with or without the rice/beans etc. I will go back to try.....well....there are several items, once I saw them, I want to go back and try. This is a true keeper. The Cuban? I'm picky on my Cubans. I want the real thing..........this was the real thing. Prices are super good for the value.
Thanks Troy's