“What is happening to the Holiday Inn chain...”

Holiday Inn Express Clermont
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Clermont
“What is happening to the Holiday Inn chain...”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

This may come across as a little spoiled, however, I have been a platinum member from the last 15 years. In the early days it was easy to request an upgrade and usually were upgraded. Lately, however, the desk clerk says the same thing....."we are completely full tonight". Ok..I can deal with it. However, today I was told that we never upgrade someone when they are using points. That is a new one for me. In the last year, I have spent at least 200 nights in a hotel.....not to mention that I usually travel with 3-5 people that I may reservations for. In the last year, I have been upgraded once....at the Holiday Inn Express at the Little Rock airport. It was wonderful.....the room, the service...all of it. At the current location, I came in a day early using points....and of course...no upgrade (with the comment on no upgrades when using points....plus we are remodeling). Even more frustrating is that I have 7 rooms booked here for the rest of the week.

The other gripe I have is that the website says they have same day dry cleaning. When I asked at the desk for the form, I was informed that it may be same say if I am lucky,,,,but no guarantee. This is the 4th Holiday Inn Express in 2 weeks that has said they do not have same day dry cleaning,,,,,even though it is listed on their website. As a business traveler who has been on the road for 8 weeks straight.....same day dry cleaning is very important to me. Now I can spend my time looking for a local dry cleaner.......or a hotel that will actually honor their upgrades....and have the same day dry cleaning that is stated on their website.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clermont, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Hello Ron. Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to post a review of your recent stay with us. My name is Ryan Cornelius and I am the new General Manager for the Holiday Inn Express - Clermont. Thank you for bringing to my attention some changes I need to make on our website. There is so much to take in when taking over a property, and having guests point out improvements we need to make really helps us. I will look to make the changes to our website immediately.

While it is true, IHG Reward Club Platinum members are (based on availability) given free upgrades. Typically this applies when Platinum members are paying for the room using funds other than points. That being said, some properties have been known to upgrade IHG Reward Night reservations. Sad to say, this causes some confusion and becomes an expectation when out valued Platinum members stay at other properties.

Next time you are in the Clermont area, please come stay with us again, and ask for me. I would love to meet you and help with your next reservation.

Take Care,

Ryan Cornelius

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The desk people were great especially Mary Ann. Renovations are beautiful.I would highly recommend! The continental breakfast was a bonus with a good selection. rooms were clean quiet and good tv hbo free selection.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dawn M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clermont, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for your five star review of our hotel! I will be sure to show Mary Ann your kind comments. We work very hard to offer excellent service and I'm sure she will be thrilled to know she exceeded your expectations! We look forward to your return, and thank you again for taking the time to post your comments!
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I love the Holiday Inn Express chain and try to stay at them often. I enjoyed my stay in the king suite and had no complaints. There is a lot of road construction going on in the area. So the traffic pattern is kind of crazy. The breakfast is a hit or miss.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello 352MD. Thank you for your review. My name is Ryan Cornelius and I am the new General Manager for the Holiday Inn Express - Clermont. All the road construction is completed now, and the internal remodel of the property is almost finished as well! Smooth roads and a nice new remodeled room with a new comfy bed is all a traveler wants, right? Well we will have them in abundance here at the Holiday Inn Express Clermont.

Please come back and see us again soon! We would love to have you stay with us again to see how much we have improved.

Take Care,

Reviewed October 5, 2013

If you're looking for a modern, updated, renovated hotel/room, don't come here. It's definitely outdated. The first night was fine. The surrounding area is clean and is full of restaurant options. Breakfast was also great. The second day was a different story. We woke up to a saw. Like you know, a saw that cuts wood. When I went to ask if we could switch rooms because of the sound was the first time I was told about the renovations taking place on the 3rd floor above our room. They told us it would take a little time to clean a new room, but they would call us when it was ready. Over an hour later we were still waiting and we decided to go out to lunch hoping the room would be ready when we came back. When we got back, we were "greeted" by a blonde woman who was new to the shift and new nothing about our situation. She stated the best she could do was give us a new room, but to my confusion I guess I had assumed that it had been taken care of hours ago by the other man and the new room would be waiting for us. The new room she gave us had not been cleaned. We had to bring all of our bags from room 1 to room 2, which was not ready, then bring them all down to the lobby until our room was cleaned. The woman had a horrendous attitude. Although I understand it was not her fault, had she handled the situation with respect, I would not have been so frustrated. She was matter of fact, huffing and puffing and making us feel like we had done something wrong. I did not appreciate it. However, Jason was aware of the situation since he had heard us talking about the sawing earlier in the morning and his compassion and friendliness was noted. It's unfortunate because my boyfriend and l travel 4 hours to meet each other half way to see each other so we always need a hotel, but I don't know if I'll be able to ignore the awful service we received today and come back next weekend.

• Stayed October 2013
Manfred S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clermont, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We value feedback from all of our guests. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while you were out guests. We pride ourselves in providing superior customer service. We have looked into your situation and updated our operation procedures to ensure we can continue to provide superior customer service.

We are currently undergoing renovations to update our guest rooms lobby and corridors. While this is an extensive process we are working to have the renovations not impact any guest stays. We apologize for the noise inconvenience. We are working with our contractor to minimize any impact on the guest’s stay and have them adhere to strict work hours and limiting noise.

Thank you again for being out guests and provide feedback on your stay. We hope when you are in the area again you will come be our guest and see our newly renovated hotel.

Manfred Schwarz
McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The staff was professional and helpful with every question we had. Rooms were very clean and neat. But..... refrigerator wasn't clean and breakfast wasn't not good. Yet still I will definitely be using this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013
Hello Mamaburk. My name is Ryan Cornelius and as of August 17, I am the new General Manager for the Holiday Inn Express - Clermont. Thank you for your review. I have printed it for my team and I to review and will be taking your thoughts and correcting the cleanliness of the refrigerators in the rooms, and doing some more training with breakfast.

We hope you get an opportunity to come stay with us again soon to see all the improvements we have been making!

Take Care!

Rochester, New York
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed here for three nights for a friends wedding. I enjoyed the hotel very much, it was new and clean, had a nice pool on the side. The breakfast was the best I have seen at a hotel with a full selection of food for every diet. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
I had seen reviews that said the area didn't look that well, but the hotel was in a fine area, there are some closed businesses in the area, but it is mostly residential behind it and had no fear leaving my vehicle in the parking lot like I have had in past trips.
I would highly recommend this to friends and already have.

Room Tip: I chose the King Suite and it was very large with many tables, desks and seating locations, not only...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hello! Thank you for your review! My name is Ryan Cornelius and as of August 17, I am the new General Manager for the Holiday Inn Express - Clermont. I am thrilled you had a great stay with us, and hope you get to come back in the near future.

Take Care!

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I checked in and the staff was very friendly. Stayed here two nights but I was only in the room for a few minutes the first night. On the second night I was searching for a outlet to charge my phone next to the bed on the far side of the room when I found it. I found what I'm pretty sure was a human turd on the floor. It must have been there since I checked in but I was never on that side of the room. I went to complain around midnight and they switched rooms for me but needless to say It felt like the entire hotel was dirty. I wasn't looking for a free night or them to comp my stay but was kind of surprised they didn't even offer a discount. I tried to email their corporate office from their site but the email wouldn't go through. I will try again when I get home from the rest of my vacation. I've been to over 40 countries and stayed in some place that had very little standards but I've never seen anything like this.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank tankturt
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clermont, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear tankturt,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the room. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G