“Great hotel (except wifi)”

Holiday Inn Express Clermont
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Clermont
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Clean nice rooms good breakfast. The wifi signal was stong but many repeat logins neede which made the service almost unusable. The network was open when we arrived but then they turned on the splashscreen with password and a box to check about appropriate use. We had the problem with several devices and noted that others complained to the front desk.

• Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed March 31, 2012

My husband and I were in Clermont last weekend for something business related, and we decided to stay at the HI express, as we'd had good experience with HI express before .

We pull up to the front of the hotel to see the desk manager and a male employee chain smoking outside the front door.. leaving the desk unattended and totally leaving the entrance door wide open allowing for smoke to filter into the lobby. Throughout the course of that night we saw that happen quite a few times.

The desk attendant was friendly and helpful, but my husband and I were a little turned off by the smoking out front. I understand everyone is entitled to a break, but it just looked trashy to see that at the entrance of the hotel.

Our room was nothing impressive not that I was expecting to be impressed , orange walls, shoddy paint work.. possibly a toddler finger painted the interior of the rooms. The sheets were terribly scratchy and rough. I'm not trying to sound like a diva , but comparable hotels like Hyatt Place and Hampton inn have very soft comfy bed linens .

The air conditioner in the room was ridiculously noisy. and cold. you either had the option of turning it off and let the room get stuffy, or freeze on the warmest possible A/C setting and listen to the brummubmblemblllmmmhhrrmmubmle of the unit all night.
We both finally fell asleep around 1 am.. and woke at 3;40 am.. both of us...scratching ourselves for the sheets, and staring at the ceiling waiting for breakfast . Come 6 am we ate and booked , doing a 4 hour drive on 2.5 hours sleep.

the bathroom was passably clean. Nothing to complain about there.

The fitness center was not 24 hours, and being that I am an athlete in training, I cannot miss a workout. we had a long day, and buisiness ran over til about 10 pm. We grabbed a quick dinner at the Denny's located across the parking lot, and when I returned I was planning to get my run in.. and to my dismay the fitness center was closed after 10 pm or was it 11.. either way it was a key access room, and should have been 24 hours just like all the other hotel chain competitors.

Breakfast the next morning was nice, free breakfast is always nice to wake up to. Yummy cinna buns and English muffins with hard boiled eggs for the hubby and some instant grits, yogurt and fruit for me. a nice selection.

albeit, it was awkward to see a housekeeping member possibly in tweak mode , vacuuming, sweeping and thrusting around the garbage cans , emptying them out in the way of eating guests..
Cleanliness is important. Do it before the people are sitting down to dine.

I will be back in Clermont again for future business and in fact I am sending my mother there this Monday I booked her at another hotel, I will not stay at this property, however may check out the other HI express in town or the Hampton.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clermont, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear Danielle G,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am glad to see that you left some feed back on what you liked as well as what feel below your expectations. I'm deeply sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We are hospitality professionals and strive to be the best. Your comments will be looked into. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, Please do not hesitate to let us know.

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed March 26, 2012

We've stayed at this location several times, because we have family nearby. And the quality of our stays have been consistently good. The rooms are clean and well-apppointed, the staff is friendly and helpful, and they serve one of the best hotel breakfasts I've ever had.

Clermont isn't exactly a "destination" town. But if you have to be in the area, it's nice to know there's a reliable, clean and welcoming place to lay your head. We stay here once or twice a year, and we've never been disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PBCGuy
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I spent 5 nights at the Holiday Inn, Express in Clermont, FL in Feb attending a great painting class with World Famous Artist, Donna Dewberry.
It is convenient to almost any place in Lake County, very clean and comfortable with friendly, helpful employees.
They have a great continental breakfast which includes omlets, biscuits and gravy along with the usual cereal, bagels, rolls and fruit. There is a restaurant right next door for other meals, or close-by many restaurants and even a mall or two.
It is definitely worth while staying there if you are in the area.

Room Tip: They have a number of non-smoking rooms which I like. There is an elevator for the 2d and 3d floors...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Dixie P
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I stayed here with a friend so we could play some golf nearby. The staff was accommodating and friendly and made sure we enjoyed our stay. I didn't have a mini fridge in the room but a staff member was nice enough to keep our drinks cold in the staff fridge for an hour or so until we were ready to go to the pool. I enjoyed the breakfast at the hotel and the room was pleasant and comfortable with a nice view of the pool. Overall it was a nice place to stay at.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed there 2 nights in November with a friend while traveling in the area and recommend this hotel to others. Nice staff, good variety at the buffet breakfast, large comfortable rooms. Nothing fancy but a nice place to stay.
I generally stay at Hampton Inns, which havecomfortable beds, but my friend chose this hotel and it was a good choice.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Just surfing the web and stumbled upon your posting and I must say "Bravo"! It is refreshing to find someone that shares my opinion that people were put on this earth for the purpose of fulfilling my needs. How dare they attempt to pop our bubbles of complete self obsorbtion? They obviously do not understand who they are dealing with,J.K. I am also a Platinum member, and I just cannot stand it when these fools treat me like a commoner, like a homeless person! You and I can understand how belittling it feels to be compared to someone who has no home! You should be able to do whatever you like, whenever you like no matter what anyone else says. The staff should have felt graced by your presence, you poor thing.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo