11,225 results
All reviewsbedroom unitbuccaneer baynice resortfamily vacationbig kahunagrocery storemain poolall ageswasher and dryertime sharegreat vacationwater parktimeshare presentationrecommend this resortzip linemini golfspring break
Reviewed September 24, 2010

buyer beware.
great resort unless you buy timeshare
you are the greatest until you try to try to exchange
STAY BUT DONOT BUY ANYTHING

4  Thank MICHAEL1702
Reviewed September 16, 2010

the first room that we stayed in was decorated very nicely but was infested with roaches so we requested another room. that room was not decorated very nicely and was very small and the carpet was absolutely disgusting. Very dirty and all sorts of stains. I would not stay at this resort again.

1  Thank newyork025046
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Nice campus and grounds. One super nice maintenance man Sonny replaced our shower door and I showed him one of the blinds wouldn't close all the way so sun came in at 6am. Everything was done and replaced within 30 minutes.
Great splash pool for kids and nice adult pool open late.
On our second to last day I passed out from potassium/ dehydration. I called Vicky and Pat at The Summer Bay Resort---from my hospital bed. I was due to check out at 10am and my Mother was freaking out. I don't know what Pat did but she calmed down my mother and made everything okay. I really owe Sonny, Vicky and Pat. Thanks for being human and more than "staff".

3  Thank Justam
Reviewed August 25, 2010

It was awesome. Perfect place for the family vacation. It was nice and clean and most of all good quality of service.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2010

This resort worked well for our family of 5. ( Kids ages 3, 9, and 12.) We exchanged with RCI and stayed in a 2 BR villa which had ample room for the 5 of us and met our basic needs. Nothing fancy. The beds, well, nice if you like a firm surface with the feel of each spring in the mattress!! Both beds and the hidabed were extremely uncomfortable, but we were so exhausted from our day we did sleep. Nice guest bath having 2 sinks with a large counter. Maintance men were very quick to respond when we found no hot water in the shower the first morning. Come to find out when the faucets were installed the hot and cold water connections were mixed up so we had to use it opposite all week. They said most of the building was hooked up wrong (BLDG #105). Not sure why they had not posted signs to inform their guest of this mistake!
The kitchen was small but contained microwave, dishwasher, full sink , oven and stove. Also had an electric can opener and blender. Very skimpy on the dishes only having 3 pans, 3 mixing bowls, dishes and silver for 6. We had to wash dishes after each meal having 5 in our family! There was no pizza pans or baking sheets of any type. I called thinking they forgot them, but I was informed they were available upon request. Within 10 miutes I had a brand new cookie sheet brought to our door, no charge, just had to leave it up on checkout. We were also missing our dishcloth, towels and potholders, which they quickly brought to our door once requested. Publix grocery store on property, nice and handy but a little more expensive than we are used to.
I did find 1 small cockroach on our last night there. Found a HUGE 3-4 inch one just outside our door in the corner as we were packing our car to leave on the last day. YUCK! I think it was time to spray again.
Pools were great. Our 3 year old really enjoyed the "Sprayer Pool" located just outside our door BLDG 105, UNIT #102. Very handy for us. Several other pools available within walking distance. All nice and clean. All had pool towels available, so no need to bring your own. Enjoyed the "Dive in movie" on our last evening, served free popcorn while we watched the movie in and around the pool on a large inflatable screen. Plenty of chairs near to pools. Beach was very small, but clean. Kids said water got very deep near inflatable slide and trampoline on lake, even over my husbands head. We stayed clear of that, too bad was too deep for our family to enjoy. Daily fee to use lake toys, after 6pm staff is gone and many guests went in to use these toys at no charge after 6pm.
We were not pushed to hard to attend the timeshare presentation, thank goodness! Did go to breakfast, poor, certainly don't just go for that, you'll be disappointed. Offered childcare for our 3 and 9 year old. That was nice. They presented the "points" option vs. the "weeks" option. Very nice 2 BR unit was shown to us, with the optional lock out unit, in the "500" BLDG. Beautiful view of the lake. Mentioned future expansion projects.
Felt very secure with the guard station attendant looking closely at our pass upon arrival each time to the resort. Disappointed in the internet, must purchase ($10-12) daily for in room access, otherwise free at clubhouse. Activities/crafts were basic, nothing spectactlar, but many were at no charge which was nice for a change.
Overall, pros and cons of this resort, but likely would go back as the kids had a great time and staff was extremely attentive to our needs. Spent several days on the beaches, Cocoa and Daytona, only about an hour drive away - would highly recommend that, our youngest wants to go back to that "big sandbox"!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family