Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Serena Inn(Clermont)
View Hotel
The Grove Resort & Spa Orlando(Orlando)
Clear Creek(Clermont)
  • Beachfront
10,507 results
All reviewsbedroom unitbuccaneer bayfamily vacationnice resortbig kahunamain poolgrocery storeall ageswasher and dryertime sharewater parkrecommend this resortzip linetimeshare presentationmini golfgreat vacationspring break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 8, 2005

I found them through travelocity and paid 150/night for a 2 br villa. On their web site they have a villa and a condo listed wrong, so I got the smaller room when I thought I was getting the bigger one. The carpet was all stained and dirty looking (aren't you supposed to tile floors in the tropics?), there were two big gashes in the wall surface (kind of a stucco overlay) - the room needed painting. We got a crib that looked like it came from an orphanage in 1945. Then the morning calls came in for the free breakfast with the sell job - and I was dying to invite one of the sales people to our condo - but I was on vacation.

The people at the desk offered to give me another room right next door, but it was fundamentally the same room so I opted out, and they had no other options for us, so we stuck it out.

However, I looked in some of the other rooms that were ground level that I could see into from the pool and they looked really nice, so it is luck of the draw. The pools are great for kids if the weather is good, and they have a nice playground. Also within 10 minutes of Disney.

• Stayed: March 2005
22  Thank CCG_from_Denver
Reviewed February 28, 2005

We really enjoyed our stay at Summer Bay Resort. It is clean, up to date and there is plenty to do for everyone in the family. It is also very close to all the area attractions. We would recommend this for couples or families. Very nice!

12  Thank sanchia39
A TripAdvisor Member
Maine
Reviewed February 28, 2005

My husband called about a free 2-night hotel stay. The rep basically tried to sell a $398 vacation package which, on the surface, sounded terrific - except we didn't want it.

The rep then passed my husband off onto a more agressive rep who (when my husband turned down the $398 offer) then refused to give my husband the 2 free night hotel stay! My husband was so incensed at the man's attitude and refusal to give what was advertised that he filed a complaint with the Florida Attorney General's Office. You can file a complaint online (do a search for Florida Attorney General).

We live in Maine and our Attorney General's Office is great. If Florida has a decent one then maybe if everyone complains, something will be done.

We did a search on the resort to find out who owns it (is it Joe H Scott, Sr who owns Scott Properties in Saint Louis, Missouri and Crown Valley Winery in Ste. Genevieve, MO?) and that is how I came across this web site.

If the "Joe H. Scott Sr." listed for Summer Bay is the same "Joe H. Scott Sr." listed for the above-mentioned companies in MO, I would be curious to know what his reputation is in MO.

Glad I read this site.

23  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto Ontario Canada
Reviewed February 16, 2005

We just came back from what we thought was going to be a great week in Orlando getting to stay at the Summer Bay Resort. When we got there they said they were overbooked and we would stay at another one of there other resorts....Island Club Resort. What a dump. We would not have gone there if they would have been honest when reservations where made. We wasted a day and 1/2 urging them to move us to the Summer Bay and of course no such luck. The Island Club had nothing to offer. It was a week of total disappointment. If you ever get offered a week to stay at this resort don't think for one minute you are going to get what is offered, you will get there and get something of great lesser value.
They don't care if they have unhappy consumers - they don't do anything to make it up to you. I hope you don't get ripped off as we did. Do not buy into this property....they only treat the people that buy into the property with some kind of care or respect.
DON'T GO TO SUMMER BAY IF IT IS OFFERED TO YOU - IT IS A RIP OFF!!!!
The resort is beauiful if and the big word is if you actually get to stay there.

21  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 10, 2005

My family (2 adults, 1 teenager & 2 children) visited Summer Bay in August, 2004 - our first visit to Orlando. We booked with Hotel Kingdom for 8 days on the internet. We arrived around midnight, later than expected minus a lost suitcase en-route. Check-in took around 5 mins, which was fantastic as we had been travelling for 24 hours (1 stop en-route at Chicago) - it couldn't have been easier. The room was very good, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a complete kitchen & very very clean. We all thought the resort was fantastic, especially the childrens play pool. The main pool area was very relaxing - great music, great ice-cream, great cocktails. Loved it so much we missed a couple of theme parks out so we would spend full days around the pool. We did see some reps but they never approached or bothered us. I suppose if you either agree to the timeshare offers in the hope of getting a cheap holiday or agree to go on a timeshare tour your asking for trouble. We found the resort, its location & amenities more than value for money & would definitely stay there again & tell our friends to. We then travelled more than 3,000 miles from Orlando to Memphis & then back to Naples without 1 bad experience - fantastic!!! (By the way the suitcase was at Summer Bay Reception before we woke up the following morning - it wouldn't have been if we'd been in England!!)

9  Thank Newton66