If you're planning on going to Orlando, DO NOT stay at this resort unless you truly want your vacation ruined. I'm a college student that has lived in cars, on floors, and at hotels, and I really believe that I'd take a basement over coming back to this place ever again.
To be objective, there were a few acceptable things Summer Bay did. Security guards at the entrance keep the place adequately secure. All rooms had free local calls, whirlpool bath, and washer/dryer with some free detergent. Kitchen had a stove and was stocked with silverware, cups, dishes, etc.
Now for the disturbing part. My family and I went just after New Year on the off-season. We had 5 people living in a 1 bdrm - 1 bed and 1 sleeper sofa. The resort didn't launder towels, which was ok, I guess. They didn't give us a blanket for the sofa bed, so we asked housekeeping to send one. What they gave us had grass stains, fleas, and ticks all over it. We chose not to use it, splitting the blankets from the main bed instead. The next morning though, all of us had bug bites covering our legs. We called the front desk to complain, and they said there was nothing to do. Actually, his exact words were, "Ma'am, did you wash the blankets?" Thus, if you expect a clean room here, this is impossible. We stayed in that room for another day and kept getting bitten. We switched rooms for our final night and continued to get bug bites in the new room too.
If this hasn't convinced you of what a roach motel Summer Bay is, you might want to read some of the other reviews. Also, this place uses so many timeshare tatics it's scary. They told us that they'd give us breakfast for telling them whether or not we wanted to buy (we didn't). Unfortunately, we didn't see thru the charade, and ended up being forced to ride around the property, waste 3 hours (we got up early to go to Universal, they said it'd only be 90 minutes), and only ate cereal. We kept telling the guy that we didn't want to buy, and he sent a bunch of managers and accused us of taking advantage of their company. Ridiculous. I guess that's our fault we didn't see it coming, so remember to say no to any free offers.
Also, their staff should get a negative 5 stars for hospitality. Call their resort and you will always be put on hold for 5 minutes before getting a rep. When we told them about the bug problem, they ignored us, saying the didn't want to see the flea and that it wasn't their problem. In fact, they said that we absolutely couldn't switch rooms, until all of us went down to the office, showed the scars, and demanded it. The office is always overcrowded during the day time and timeshare salesmen block all the entrances so that walking 30 yds means hitting 4 or 5 reps. They tend to answer all requests with a "No" or "you have to pay___." Our rooms didn't even come with shampoo or lotion. Their attitudes are also terrible. All reps I spoke to tended to say "Ma'am, I'm busy" while they took personal phone calls or ran off to assist potential timeshare buyers right when it was my turn in line.
Bad service, bad attitude, disgusting rooms. Trust me, you don't want to be here. Contact me if you still have questions - I'm a real person who really went there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Vacatia, Cancelon, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts