My husband and I never had a honeymoon, so he thougth he would surprise me with one. One day a marketing salesperson called and he purchased a trip. The trip was for 5/days and 4 nights in Kissimmee/Orlando and 3/days and 2 nights in Cocoa Beach. The original price started really highlike around $500, but my husband being who he is, finally talked her down to $99. That's $99 for the entire trip! I thought wow, this is cool that we will be staying on the property (Summer Bay). Well when we got there of course we couldn't stay at Summer Bay but instead they put us up in another hotel several miles away. The hotel wasn't that bad. We did however receive a $50 certificate to Red Lobster and 2 Universal Studios Park tickets after we completed the timeshare presentation. Any sales pitch for timeshares will be high pressure, no if's, and's or but's about it. We finally finished the presentation after 3 1/2 hours. We were going to go to the parks but it rained there the whole time. So we found someone who would buy the park tickets for $100 at a McDonald's near a Sleep Inn. We found a new hustle. We must have gone on at least 4 or 5 differnt timeshare tours while we were there and made $100 each time selling the tickets. Like I said, it rained the whole time we were there and what else are you going to do. When it was time to go to Cocoa Beach, boy were we disappointed. Not only was the staff/management at the Best Western (where you will stay) rude but the property was poor. We were supposed to have 5 star accommodations instead we were put in the motel part. They say that because they are owned by the same company and the towers are 5 star so the motel part takes on that rating too. I thought BS. It was sub-standard accommodations at best. I was very disappointed. The only good thing was that the timeshare tour in Cocoa Beach wasn't nearly as high pressure as the one in Kissimmee. We were offered 2 free dinners at a nice restaurant with no limit. So of course we ordered prime rib and lobster. The marketing company did follow through on some of their promises, but the accommodations is where they make the switches. My suggestion is when they call you keep them on the phone as long as you can and try to talk them down on the price. My husband was on the phone so long that the tape ran out. This was in August 2001 so maybe things have changed, but I doubt it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Vacatia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Expedia, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts