We just returned from a 1 week stay at Summerbay. Our 1-bedroom condo was fully furnished and was clean and well-kept. Our unit included a washer/dryer, so exchanging towels was not necessary. The bathroom had a jacuzzi style tub.
The staff was incredible. Everyone was so polite and helpful. Being without a rental car was also no problem. The resort provides a free shuttle bus that will take you to the grocery store and Denny's. Both are actually within walking distance, but it helped to have a ride when shopping for a full weeks' worth of groceries! There is also a free Disney Shuttle that will take you to the major Disney parks. For a nominal fee ($10) a shuttle will take you to SeaWorld or for $13 to Universal. This is round-trip fare.
Since we did not have a vehicle and wanted to do some souveniour shopping (without paying an arm and a leg at the Disney parks), we simply took the free resort shuttle to the Publix grocery store. From there, you can ride the Lynx bus (55 West) for $1.25. It took us down the touristy section of Hwy 192. There were numerous restaurants and bargain stores selling the same Orlando/Disney souveniours for a fraction of the cost!
The property itself has numerous pools, a tiki bar with live entertainment and a lake. The grounds were very well kept.
Upon checking in, you will be approached by the timeshare sales reps offering your family a free breakfast or lunch and discounted Disney tickets. After firmly refusing, I did receive a telephone call to my unit the following day telling me the offer was still good. I refused again and was not bothered again for the rest of the week.
Our family had a fantastic time at Summer Bay. My 13 year old son enjoyed the Teen Nite Pool Party and the various activities at the recreation room.
Beware of the onsite convenience store, however. Their prices are outrageous! $4 for a can of soup! The Publix grocery store is the best way to stock up for your needs.
I realize there are several negative reviews posted on this site. However, my family truly enjoyed our stay at Summer Bay and would go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Agoda, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts